Woodnet Forums
Who are you - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Who are you (/showthread.php?tid=3415110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Re: Who are you - DSallee - 04-15-2008

Hey All....

My names David, go by Dave most of the time... Just getting started in turning. Nice to meet everyone....

Dave

Re: Who are you - Ingjr - 04-20-2008

The name is Don Inghram Jr. I'll answer to Don or Jr. Please not Donald. Saving up for my first lathe. Got a little put back now and as soon as GW sends my tax rebate check I'll be calling Grizzly on the new alternative to Jet 12-20. Or, may just go with the 12-20.

Re: Who are you - WALNUTS - 04-20-2008

Walnuts...Aka Mike Hendershot...
tool pervert and woodhunter by day, knowledge seeker and wood peddler by night, soon I will update my lathe and my woodturning tools so I can actually turn something decent enough to post. I do enjoy, however, sawing into difficult hardwoods for sport .

Re: Who are you - baddogwhite - 04-28-2008

Hi I'm Keith Koenig. I've been turning for 7 years. I turn mostly green wood. the bigger the better!!!!

Re: Who are you - chipcrvr - 04-28-2008

Hello everyone; on all of the other WW'ing forums I post to, I go by Mack C. in Brooklin ON. (C is for Cameron).For some strange and unknown reason I registered on this one with one of my hobbies as a nick name.

I'm fully in agreement with Yak, it really is difficult putting a face to ert321. (my words not his)

Re: Who are you - GoonMan - 05-01-2008

I am Randy, I started turning about 2 weeks ago after I retired from working in a Chemical plant in Louisiana moved to Missouri and started working in my dream job as a sawyer in a Hard Wood saw mill. Turning a bat out of Spalted Black Walnut for my second project. Talk about fun!!!

Going to my first Turning and Carving exhibit this weekend.

Re: Who are you - MarkoB - 05-06-2008

Newb I guess - been a looker for awhile.

I'm Mark, Marko to many. Not into turning yet - I'll read and learn, then turn. Mighty soon. Maybe get some gear over weekend.
Made to many lousy boxes in my life - time to do so creative things. Late 50's and ain't liking that fact either.
Weeks rush by like days from only back a wee bit and whole months now fly by like weeks once did. You best lend me a hand here - times a wastin'

Re: Who are you - Phreez - 05-08-2008

I'm Robert Allen. I'll answer to "Dinner's ready!"

I just started wood turning about a month ago. Got a set of tools and a Delta Midi-lathe. Not a bad little machine.

Started out on scrap pieces of lumber and the like, then started cutting down dead trees around the property and using them. Now I'm getting into exotic woods and have turned out a few things I'll be putting photos up actually later today. So keep an eye out

Re: Who are you - DIYdappler - 05-08-2008

Guess I should pony up since I have a "lathe" now (yes, I use the term loosely- it's less than awesome).

My name's Brandon Beakes. I'm 24, have a wife and by December will have 2 little ones. I have only just begun tinkering with turning but will be slowly collecting tools and knowledge and am very excited for what the future has to offer.

The thing that 'turned' me on to turning was probably, unfortunately, dealing with sub-par tools and methods for regular woodwork. The struggle for straight, level, parallel, blah blah blah blah blah... oh wait, what's this? Round? Smooth? Shiny? Warping and re-doing accepted and expected? A whole new set of standards to fall below? I'm in!

I'm a perfectionist by nature but mostly an "instant results" man in practice. It makes for very unusual conversations with myself in the basement in the middle of the night

Re: Who are you - Neal Addy - 05-08-2008

DIYdappler said:

by December will have 2 little ones.

Oh boy... does this mean twins? If so I can sympathize.