Woodnet Forums
Who are you - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Who are you (/showthread.php?tid=3415110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Re: Who are you - Fandango® - 10-01-2008

Hi, I'm Donnie. Some call me Log, Curly or Lawg.

Sometimes other names

I don't turn and blah, blah, blah.....

Re: Who are you - DIYdappler - 10-01-2008

Great....

Alright, who unlocked the basement door???

Re: Who are you - AnthonyYak - 10-06-2008

DIYdappler said:

Great....

Alright, who unlocked the basement door???

You left it open

Re: Who are you - williamchall - 10-06-2008

My name is Bill Hall and I've been turning for about a week now. I live in the Philadelphia suburbs just outside King of Prussia. I'm using a PSI Turncrafter Pro and Crown HSS tools to get started. I've been doing light woodworking for over a year now and I wanted something to do when I couldn't use my loud power tools. I live in a townhouse community and I don't want to tick off the neighbors.

This is my first turning:

Re: Who are you - jerickson - 10-06-2008

Welcome, Bill. I like your first turning. We'd love to see more pics of your turnings as you continue to learn and get sucked deeper and deeper into the addiction that is woodturning.

Re: Who are you - DIYdappler - 10-06-2008

Looks great Bill. Simple design that is elegant. Welcome to the forum!

Re: Who are you - BOC262 - 10-07-2008

My name is Karl. I was introduced to turning in high school and liked it. When I was in my 20s I had a micro lathe--I believe it was made by Dremel--tiny little thing, but I had some fun with it. Then I had a very long hiatus from turning, but just recently picked up a second hand Jet Mini Lathe (it's the one from a few years ago which relies on belts for speed changes). I do dabble in other forms of wood working, so I can't see myself becoming a turning master, but I would like to learn enough so I can use the lathe as another tool in my arsenal.

Re: Who are you - Beezlebub - 10-07-2008

Welcome to the Abyss

Re: Who are you - DIYdappler - 10-07-2008

BOC262 said:

I do dabble in other forms of wood working, so I can't see myself becoming a turning master,

I give him 4 months until his other tools have a layer of dust on 'em.

Re: Who are you - Phideaux - 10-09-2008

Hi Everyone,
Just joined so I thought I would say Howdy. Real name is David but everyone calls me Doc. I'm not currently turning although I did when I was quite a bit younger. I will be returning to it as soon as I get back to the States. I'm in Korea at the moment. My wife has been asking me for years to make her some spools for her spinning wheel but I never had the time. Well I've decided to make the time. I'm really more of a Lurker at heart but I will come out of my cave to answer most any question that I can. I look forward to learning a lot.

Cheers
Doc.