Woodnet Forums
Who are you - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Who are you (/showthread.php?tid=3415110)

Re: Who are you - papadan - 12-21-2007

Grandson named me about 9 years ago. Been trying to figure out what that lathe thing is in my shop for about 7 years now. One day there was a street rod in progress and the next this goofy lookin machine.

Re: Who are you - ihmserv - 12-21-2007

papadan said:

Grandson named me about 9 years ago. Been trying to figure out what that lathe thing is in my shop for about 7 years now. One day there was a street rod in progress and the next this goofy lookin machine.

Yea, but what was it doing on the kitchen table.
IAN

Re: Who are you - glennw - 12-21-2007

My name is Glenn and i am named after BIG BAND LEADER GLENN MILLER. I am woodworker for 4 years and turning about 3. Love the hobby just dont have as much time as I want to do it. but maybe over the next two weeks i can get some quality time.

Re: Who are you - Grumpa steve - 12-21-2007

In High School I did have the nick name
Grandpa, then when Our first Grandchild
was born my kids renamed me Grumpa.
I don't know why

Grumpa steve

Re: Who are you - montezuma medic - 12-21-2007

Real name is Terry. been turning (seriously) for about 3 years on a Jet Mini. DVR is on the budget for this spring. Pay the bills as a Paramedic/Firefighter. -----next year retirement!!!!

Re: Who are you - derailedbus - 12-21-2007

William Newmeyer. 32 years old and turning for about 6 years now. Just turned professional woodworker. Hope my job doesn't hinder my interest in turning as a hobby.

Re: Who are you - AnthonyYak - 12-21-2007

This is great, never thought that many people visited the dark side

Re: Who are you - Neal Addy - 12-21-2007

I was thinking the same thing.

Great idea for a thread. Thanks for posting.

And thanks for all the responses! Nice to know a bit more about everyone.

Re: Who are you - skewed - 12-21-2007

Real name is Larry. Been turning sporadically for a couple of years. Picked the nickname because that's what happens every time I pick up the skew. Jet and Rikon mini lathes.

Re: Who are you - Larry Nelson - 12-21-2007

This is good! Now I know as many names as possible, and I'm not telling my name. Oh, wait, Larry Nelson IS my name. I've tried turning for over thirty years, and I'll keep trying until I get it right.