Woodnet Forums
Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest (/showthread.php?tid=6799066)

Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - whitedogone - 08-08-2014

I have some of my own drying, but have a order for a dining table that can't wait. Anybody know anyone in the midwest that has slabs?

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - cwarner - 08-08-2014

A little more info may be helpful. Specific species?Aprox size you are looking for? Also a WTB ad in Swap n Sell may yield some responses as well

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - Steve N - 08-08-2014

John is just a phone call away, he often has heavy slabs

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - TomFromStLouis - 08-08-2014

We have number of natural edge cherry and walnut slabs, and other large boards right in St. Louis. We might be there tomorrow morning, please call first.

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - Filkinsc - 08-08-2014

Kettle moraine hardwoods is a great place. They have two locations one north and one south of Milwaukee

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - goaliedad - 08-08-2014

The lumber shed in traverse city Michigan.

Pm me if your Google fu doesn't work

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - Red Sawman - 08-08-2014

Call Erickson Lumber in New Berlin, IL. It is between the Quad Cities & Galesburg ..... they have some amazing stuff.

Red

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - Steve N - 08-08-2014

While further from home, my tree selling buddy says if you want it, these guys have it.

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - 3finger - 08-09-2014

If you are willing to drive northwest a little ways (Mt.Carroll, IL) these people can fix you up. Johnson Creek Hardwoods.

Re: Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest - Martin S. - 07-20-2015

Bump