Woodnet Forums
The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn (/showthread.php?tid=6805621)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 03-23-2016

I plan to keep wood storage in the existing shop and the tractor is moving there. It may get a car eventually when my kids are old enough to drive.

The real noise of my CNC setup is really the dust collection and the bit in wood while cutting. I use a 2.2kw water cooled spindle so the spindle itself is quiet. I don't plan to move the DC in another building outside but may wall it off and sound insulate that.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 03-26-2016

72" Roller cabinet day.

Also picked up some Menards sold Tough Built Modular pouches/bags that clip on mounting clips. In the picture are the Framers pouch, the Mega Supply pouch, the Tape Measure pouch, and the Master Electrician pouch. I have some clips mounted on top the Little Giant Ariel Lift platform and on my scaffolding. I load up what tools I need and take it up and it provides tool and fastener organization on the ladder and on my scaffolding. The Tape Measure pouch works well for small drills/drivers and impacts and all the 10.8V/12V Bosch sized drivers. Also I like plastic clear chinese soup containers for holding kreg screws so those are the containers in the bags.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 04-19-2016

Bit of wall work done this weekend. Made 7 panels of slat wall. Also did some more insulating for the next 7 panels. The walls are 1.5" thick marine grade plywood where the outlets are (5 7/8" wide slats copying the Woodsmith slat wall idea) and they are mounted flush using adjustable single gang boxes. In the finished walls pictured are four 30amp 240V single phase on three separate circuits, a 40 amp 240V single phase on 8ga on a separate circuit, a 30amp 240V 3 phase on its own circuit, and three 20amp 120V single phase on two separate circuits.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - oakey - 04-19-2016

mike
you must be buying fasteners buy the metric ton
looks like you will have to call the power co, and tell them when you light that place up
I like it

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 04-19-2016

Found some deals on Kreg screws when Sears blew them out so I just bought a bunch of the 5000ct 1.25", 3000ct 2", and 2000ct 2.5" Kreg screws.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - brnhornt - 04-19-2016

LIL....most awesome post in Woodnet history Thanks again for bringing us along on this!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - closed for business - 04-19-2016

Key to doing Things Cheap... Bay what you Need before you Need it. I've Bought piles of nails at auction that noose wanted to mess with.

keep up the good work-I want to come to the christening.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 05-02-2016

More east wall work this weekend. The above man-door panel was made and hung and six more wall panels for left of the 14' garage door were made and hung on Sunday. Top of installed wall panels is 8' in these pictures.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 05-15-2016

Worked on a bunch of box orders this past week - customers come first before wall builds as they pay for the walls . The girls helped me out too. I also took some of the Steelcase binder bins I bought super cheap and put slatwall cleats on them and hung them up. They also make great workstations for the girls at their height and even nice tables for me. The outlets were turned off btw.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Mr Eddie - 05-15-2016

Mike,
Enjoy your time with your girls. My babies are 30 and 32. Doesn't seem that long ago . . . .

Lonnie