Woodnet Forums
The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn (/showthread.php?tid=6805621)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 06-13-2016

A client ordered an award podium from me for his track and field time trial business - this one he will donate to a university. The numbers are removable and can be arranged on any box. The boxes have keyholes for the numbers in case the school have an event for younger kids and they want to use the smaller boxes for places 1-3.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - oakey - 06-14-2016

mike
how is the shop build itself coming along

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 06-14-2016

Painted two pallets of plywood, cut a third into slats, and did insulation and 2x6 install above 8' in the south east wall between the garage door and south wall. Next up is assemble those wall panels and attach them.

Paying customers come first. That award podium and 21 othe plyometric jump boxes for two crossfit gyms came first.

I did learn to re-pack a graco pump on a 190es sprsyer too. Works awesome.

Also deals this month found on abranet paper and kreg screws so bought a few of each.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Herb G - 07-01-2016

If I might ask, why do you have 2 large air compressors?

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 07-01-2016

I pretty much bought them for the price of a holding tank so why not. They will each be at opposite ends of the shop servicing a 360 degree 3/4 airline around the perimeter of the building with 9 drops on the walls and three retractable lines (center building and by each roll up door). I have air line needs for my CNC mill tool changer and soon an actuated 5c clamp on the cnc lathe I am retrofitting. On the woodworking side I use a pneumatic sander, kreg pneumatic foreman, jlt flatner on glue-up rack and host of other air clamps and air tools on both sides of the shop. Plus I am constantly using the airlines with blow guns to clean stuff off. Having air accessible to me is important to me. Plenty of room for two compressors in this shop. Plus some day maybe they will get resold to pay for a big Quincy or other nice compressor. I don't pass up crazy deals usually.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Herb G - 07-04-2016

Well, once I thought about it, it actually makes sense.

Even if you had perimeter piping for the compressor, you'd be running one all the time.
With 2 of them it's easier to split the system & make zones for different air tools.
Thanks for the info.

BTW, the shop is coming along nicely.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-06-2016

Latest update:

Calling 120 and 240  electrical outlets, 3ph outlets, AV speaker and hdmi, and control wire for 3 phase ROC station wiring done in walls and ceiling.

I have 99% of wall insulation in and stapled. I have under 18 batts left to install.

I also have 15 of the 25 remaining pallets of plywood airless spray painted (each pallet is 40-50 32"X48"X3/4" Marine grade plywood sheets). These are being made into wall panels in a slat-wall configuration. 10 left to pain!! This is a huge amount of work.

The building currently has 1/2 the east wall (floor to 8') slat-wall walled and I have 1/4 of the south wall complete in slat wall.

I also got new/better weather seals put on the 14'X14' doors.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - packerguy® - 10-06-2016

Im sure it was covered, but how are you planning to heat the compound?

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - jimmyjam - 10-06-2016

He is using in floor heating.  In post #72 it shows the pex being placed.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-06-2016

I have about 2700ft of 1/2" pex in the floor and built a Radiant Heat panel.

Here is a video I made on the panel I built and how it works.