Woodnet Forums
Sharpening carbide saw blades - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Sharpening carbide saw blades (/showthread.php?tid=7031618)

Pages: 1 2

Sharpening carbide saw blades - lincmercguy - 06-10-2015

Can it be done, or do I just need a new blade? I would rather send them to someone who knows how if it can be done.

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - JGrout - 06-10-2015

Scott Whiting is my guy

623 931 0633

Joe

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - fredhargis - 06-10-2015

I've used Bullsharp and Dynamic Saw .....both excellent, they do router bits, carbide forstner bits and all manner of cutters.

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - ruffcutt - 06-11-2015

+1 for Scott

Been sending all my sharpening need to him since 1999.

I also buy my shaper cutters and saw blades from him.

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - John Mihich - 06-11-2015

I bought the saw sharpener from HF. Works pretty good for a cheap price. I got it for $40 - sale and coupon. I have sharpened about 12 blades I think. I don't think it's as good as a pro but they are pretty good. And I can do them more often rather then waiting until they are too dull.

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 06-11-2015

JGrout said:

Scott Whiting is my guy

623 931 0633

Joe

+1

He did my saw blades and now has three sets of planer blades of mine.

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - chips ahoy - 06-11-2015

I have a local guy who does mine and forstner bits as well. I have heard a lot of good things about Scott.

Mel

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - Timberwolf - 06-12-2015

I have been touching them up with an EZlap diamond hone before they get too dull...works very well....

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - jteneyck - 06-12-2015

I use Dynamic Saw, too. They are local to me, have amazing German equipment, and know how to use it. Whatever you do, do not try to sharpen a carbide tipped TS blade yourself because you can't come close to what a $500K+ machine can do. It costs maybe $15 to get a blade sharpened by a pro shop.

John

Re: Sharpening carbide saw blades - chips ahoy - 06-12-2015

jteneyck said:

I use Dynamic Saw, too. They are local to me, have amazing German equipment, and know how to use it. Whatever you do, do not try to sharpen a carbide tipped TS blade yourself because you can't come close to what a $500K+ machine can do. It costs maybe $15 to get a blade sharpened by a pro shop.

John

Zactly why I get my local guy to do my sharpening. He is an older man, you could eat off his shop floor. Always a good chat every time I go there.

Mel