Woodnet Forums
Hinge for Inset Pie Cut cabinet - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Hinge for Inset Pie Cut cabinet (/showthread.php?tid=7124145)

Hinge for Inset Pie Cut cabinet - jussi - 10-21-2015

Any suggestions for a hinge for a inset pie cut door. Both the hinge to attach to the face frame and hinge that connects the doors to one another.

Also do you calculate the size of the doors the same as a regular doors?

Re: Hinge for Inset Pie Cut cabinet - Paul K. Murphy - 10-21-2015

What is a pie cut door?

Re: Hinge for Inset Pie Cut cabinet - jussi - 10-21-2015

I meant Pie cut cabinet.

Re: Hinge for Inset Pie Cut cabinet - jasfrank - 10-21-2015

Couldn't an inset door just swing around with the lazy susan?
Otherwise any half crank would work as long as you placed them where they don't interfere with the susan.

OOPs sorry your drawing wasn't up when I posted. For a cabinet with shelves you may need hinges on both door panels.

That drawing was just an example of the pie cut cabinet I found online. I'm actually still debating on using a lazy susan. I may go the way you suggested with the doors attached to the lazy susan itself. In those models, is there a stop that allows the doors to be in the closed position?

There is a detent on the susan itself. It will keep your door in the correct position

Do you have any recommendations of a specific model. The descriptions are a little confusing on whether it's the type that allows for the door to be screwed on the lazy or not. Do you know what is the standard terminology the industry uses for describing a lazy Susan that allows a door to be screwed on.

Re: Hinge for Inset Pie Cut cabinet - tablesawtom - 10-21-2015

Check with Blum or a local cabinate shop. They usually will help you. I know Blum makes hings for this application.

Tom

Re: Hinge for Inset Pie Cut cabinet - JGrout - 10-21-2015

If the door stiles are solid you can just use a piano hinge or narrow butt hinges.

that is what my susans have

Joe

If you are looking for recommendations on a lazy susan, Rev-A-Shelf makes the best in my opinion. For hinges Blum is hard to beat.