Woodnet Forums
it's always something, Cadet/fluidmaster flapper develops blisters - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: it's always something, Cadet/fluidmaster flapper develops blisters (/showthread.php?tid=7160528)

it's always something, Cadet/fluidmaster flapper develops blisters - EricU - 12-05-2015

there is a group of people on here that really like American Standard toilets. I have always liked them, and got the one usually recommended, Cadet III, I think. This was about a year ago. Well, my wife asked me why it is intermittently filling. Huh. Well, as usual I checked it out, did something stupid to it and considered it fixed. Today I noticed it was running about once a minute, so I finally drained it and took the flapper off. There is a separate white rubber seal that is replaceable. The one on this toilet has about 10 blisters full of water. One of them was big enough to keep the flapper from fully sealing. I was a little surprised to see that it's a branded fluidmaster, I figured that they would have their own flapper.

I needed to go to the borg anyway, so this is not too big of a deal

Re: it's always something, Cadet/fluidmaster flapper develops blisters - Bob10 - 12-05-2015

I called them up about a flapper issue. Not sure it was the toilet or hard water they sent me out a couple of replacements. I am still happy enough that I bought another about 2 weeks back and depending on the outcome of a current purchase I might be buying another 3
They make the poo poo go away quietly and that is what I want

Re: it's always something, Cadet/fluidmaster flapper develops blisters - EricU - 12-05-2015

you called am Standard or Fluidmaster?

My wife wasn't happy at first because I bought the extended nose toilet and the old one was a standard length toilet. That complaint went away after a couple of days. I think these are the best toilets yet. Pretty happy with them.

Re: it's always something, Cadet/fluidmaster flapper develops blisters - meackerman - 12-05-2015

we've got two. They rarely plug, but when they do it seems like they are a bit harder to unplug than the one we replaced.

Re: it's always something, Cadet/fluidmaster flapper develops blisters - Bob10 - 12-06-2015

American Standard