Woodnet Forums
Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think (/showthread.php?tid=7166543)

Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - Steve K - 12-12-2015

Mostly bird house ornaments, various domestic woods. The birds are made from ebony(thanks Pinky) and Holly. Two piece tops from ornament left overs.

Re: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - Dennis Puskar - 12-12-2015

Very nice great display.

Re: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - fredhargis - 12-12-2015

Wow......someday that will be me (I can dream, can't I?)

Re: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - Arlin Eastman - 12-12-2015

Steve

I still like your tree that you make and how nice the ornaments always are.

This time I see some new kind of birds there. Did you make them or buy them? If you bought them where?

Arlin

Re: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - jerickson - 12-12-2015

Very nice!

Re: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - Steve K - 12-12-2015

fredhargis said:

Wow......someday that will be me (I can dream, can't I?)

Fred; they are easier than you think for sure.

Re: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - Steve K - 12-12-2015

Arlin Eastman said:

Steve

I still like your tree that you make and how nice the ornaments always are.

This time I see some new kind of birds there. Did you make them or buy them? If you bought them where?

Arlin

Arlin; I made them, if you look closely they are very simple, just a couple of tear drop shapes. Here are three short videos to show how to do them. First one is a little blurry, sorry.

bh10

BH11

BH12

Re: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - Ruler2112 - 12-15-2015

Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

I've never made them myself - Hobby Lobby has a bunch of plastic MIC birds for a few bucks that look surprisingly good. They're in the dollhouse department.

Some neat variations on the theme Steve - especially like the bird on top peeking over rather than being on the perch or inside... going to have to use that idea.

Re: Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think - Steve K - 12-16-2015

Ruler2112 said:

[blockquote]Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

I've never made them myself - Hobby Lobby has a bunch of plastic MIC birds for a few bucks that look surprisingly good. They're in the dollhouse department.

Some neat variations on the theme Steve - especially like the bird on top peeking over rather than being on the perch or inside... going to have to use that idea.

[/blockquote]

First! Thanks to all who replied!

Please do use the idea, I would like to see your version, so be sure and post pics!