Woodnet Forums
flag display case - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: flag display case (/showthread.php?tid=7169180)

flag display case - tomsteve - 12-15-2015

my son retired from the army in september and asked me to build him a case for his flag. i wanted to get a lil different with this one. ive had the piece of walnut i used for the drawer fronts for some time waiting for a project. think i should have just put a light roundover on them to show te grain flow better, but i think hell like it.
" />

Re: flag display case - Grandpa Dave - 12-15-2015

First and foremost, THANK-YOU to your son for his years of service for all of us! God bless him and your entire family for the sacrifice!

Now for your accolades. The flag display is awesome! This will no doubt become a priceless family heirloom. Great use of the walnut.

Thanks for sharing.

Re: flag display case - JokerRN - 12-15-2015

Beautiful work. Well done and a huge thanks to your family.

Re: flag display case - Sawdustd - 12-16-2015

Love the design. Most unusual and the walnut front really sets it off.

Re: flag display case - fredhargis - 12-16-2015

He absolutely will like it! Well done!

Re: flag display case - shoottmx - 12-16-2015

Nice!! Love the floating flag case.

g

Re: flag display case - bennybmn - 12-16-2015

shoottmx said:

Nice!! Love the floating flag case.

g

Beat me to it. That's the first time I've seen it done like that, a nice touch! I think the walnut grain flows nicely, VERY well done!

Re: flag display case - RedBob - 12-16-2015

Great job and tribute to your son! He'll love it.
Best Regards,
Bob

Re: flag display case - EricU - 12-16-2015

that's really nice. I have a flag flown over the capitol building in honor of my dad that I want to put in a case. But I'm not sure any of my siblings would appreciate it as a gift

Re: flag display case - BrokenOlMarine - 12-17-2015

Very Nice.
I made a display years ago from walnut for my military medals and such, plus my flag, and have made many more like it on request, plus a few others. Haven't seen a design like your's before... I too like the way the flag floats in the design.