Woodnet Forums
Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist (/showthread.php?tid=7183352)

Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - Mr Eddie - 01-03-2016

Saw this on CL - just in case you still have some $$ left over from Christmas!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/5381171671.html

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - jteneyck - 01-03-2016

What's a MM16 cost new these days? $2500 seems a little steep but I have no reference point so maybe it's an OK deal. Both machines sure look to be in great condition.

John

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - Axehandle - 01-03-2016

Seems like someone in S&S sold a MM16 a bit back. Asking price was 2500 I believe.

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - Steve N - 01-03-2016

Fred???????????

I was strained, and don't remember financial details

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - fredhargis - 01-04-2016

The new ones run run right around $3400 plus shipping when I back in July, and they are kind of in short supply (at least at that time). I bought mine from Jim Tincher for $1800; though it's an older model. They made some changes right after mine was manufactured. Seems like someone sold an MM20 here last year for $2700 in the Columbus area.But that price doesn't seem way out of line for a 3 year old saw...maybe a few hundred dollars high(to me). Regardless, they are awesome saws.

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - jteneyck - 01-04-2016

I think you are right about them being around $3400, Fred, bur that is delivered to your door and with a warranty. I'd love to have that saw, but it's a long haul from Niagara Falls to Columbus, gas and tolls, etc. Gonna have to sit this one out.

John

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - fredhargis - 01-04-2016

jteneyck said:

I think you are right about them being around $3400, Fred, bur that is delivered to your door and with a warranty.

John

Actually, that's not including freight ($200+ for me), but I still see your point.

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - closed for business - 01-04-2016

certain tools hold their value exceptionally well..

MM
festool
sawstop
kreg

that being said, i wonder what his real $ is. those are both very limited market tools.

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - axlotal - 01-04-2016

Ask if you can get reduced shipping if they take the hundreds of pounds of concrete out that MM uses to stabilize the machines. you can pour fresh concrete when you get them

Re: Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist - Steve N - 01-04-2016

I've seen this before about concrete. I helped Fred move his saw last Summer, and I am thinking it was a concrete free zone. Pretty hefty saw, but not out of line with most of that size. I have never seen a reference to filling up their saw with concrete from MM, innernut myth, or crazy dood with a saw fetish maybe?