Woodnet Forums
Tried a new polish after applying CA glue - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Tried a new polish after applying CA glue (/showthread.php?tid=7265996)

Tried a new polish after applying CA glue - bobs64ford352 - 04-14-2016

I've been using CA glue for finishing pens and other things like pizza cutter handles for a little while now and have been using the no name plastic polish from wood'n'whimsies and the one step PP. Both worked decent but they are kinda pricey. I got thinking the other day about my CD/DVD repair machine and the polishes that it uses. There is a blue polish and a white one that are used in the machine. Yesterday I grabbed the white one and used it on a pen and today on a pizza cutter handle and it worked beautifully; maybe even faster and better than the regular PP, IMO. The best part is after rechecking eBay, since it had been awhile the white polish comes in a 16oz bottle and is only $12.99 with free shipping web page. One Step PP at PSI is showing to be $11.95 plus shipping for only a 3.7oz bottle. I haven't tried the blue one yet, but will hopefully tomorrow. I reread the labels and it looks like the white one is the coarser polish and still left a very nice shine, so the blue should do even better.

Anyways I thought I'd post this as a possible money saver for some of you.

Bob

Re: Tried a new polish after applying CA glue - SteveS - 04-14-2016

I just use automotive scratch remover (Meguiar's ScratchX, et al) to get the high gloss finish. It's not expensive and works quite well.

Re: Tried a new polish after applying CA glue - chips ahoy - 04-15-2016

what Steve said, works great

Mel

Re: Tried a new polish after applying CA glue - BradTheNailer - 04-29-2016

Storm Xtra Shine All Purpose Polish. Works like a champ and the 4oz bottle is a perfect size.

Re: Tried a new polish after applying CA glue - Arlin Eastman - 04-30-2016

Bob

I have been using CA by my new air brush and I love it. I will be trying it one small bowls and vases soon.
Also I have stopped using all other finishes but for Tung and Danish oil and Shallac for almost all my stuff now. Then at the end I use baby sun block spf 70 for the last 2 years and so far all the woods have not lost their color.

In the last 3 weeks I have made 13 vases and 18 dozen wooden roses and way to busy to post them. Make and mail is what I have been doing.

I am finishing up on glued up vases like I show in S&S. They are so much work that next time I go to sell them it will be more then $55.

Arlin