Woodnet Forums
Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! (/showthread.php?tid=7281162)

Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 05-10-2016

I was in Dayton, OH a couple weeks ago for my son's MRL soccer and was graced with a meeting by one of WN's finest members, Lil Richard. He and I have conversed several times, and sent some tools back and forth fairly often, so I was eager to meet him when the chance arose.

He was in Dayton at the same time, so we met up at a local restaurant while we were feeding the boys after a match. His lovely bride wasn't feeling very well, so our meeting was all too brief. Unfortunately, I also failed to remember to capture the meeting with a picture, so I'll have to do that next time.

Richard and I had previously made a deal on a small 4" Lufkin Olive Drab military double square, and he landed the rest of the full set just a few weeks before my trip to Dayton, so he took the opportunity of our meeting to pass on the rest of the set, which is absolutely incredible. I'm researching pricing on these so that I can recompense him properly. If anyone can help out on that score, feel free to send me a PM.

Anyway, I was very happy to make the in-person acquaintance of such a honorable WNer. I hope that next time, we are able to spend more time together. He's an impressive and highly accomplished gentleman.

Pic of the Lufkin Olive Drab rule set, all together!

Re: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Timberwolf - 05-10-2016

SWEET!!!!!!!

Re: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Window Guy - 05-10-2016

Very , congratulations. It also fun when you meet up with a fellow Woodnetter .

Steve

Re: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Rob Young - 05-10-2016

Neat. Now you just need some crinkle finish black paint to fix them all up...

Re: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - paarker - 05-10-2016

That is a very cool set you have there!

Re: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 05-10-2016

Rob Young said:

Neat. Now you just need some crinkle finish black paint to fix them all up...

Blashemy! Heretical oilstone user!

Re: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Boatman53 - 05-10-2016

Greg you are missing the little 4" combination square. You aren't done yet. I'm working on my own set, looking for the 6" combination.
Jim

Re: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 05-10-2016

I didn't know they made the combination square in the 4" in the olive drab set, I just thought it was the double square. Do you already have it?

I wanna see.

Re: Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set! - Stwood_ - 05-10-2016

Sweet set.

You gonna go slap Rob?

Nah...

I'll wait until he comes over to my place.