Woodnet Forums
Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw Reduced to $75 - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw Reduced to $75 (/showthread.php?tid=7288515)

Pages: 1 2

Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw Reduced to $75 - Pirate - 05-24-2016

Nice Dewalt MBF, 9" radial arm saw. Very nice condition. This 9" saw cuts deeper than a lot of 10" saws.

" />

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - greenacres2 - 05-24-2016

Very nice looking saw for the money--looks like the original maple top. If you decide to come up I-65 to northern IN, let me know!! I've recently put an old (1958) GWI in service--when well tuned these are incredible machines. You're right about depth of cut also--that flat-bottomed motor design helps a lot.

Good luck,
earl

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - Wild Turkey - 05-24-2016

How wide a 4/4 board can it cut?

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - Arlin Eastman - 05-24-2016

I am pretty sure mine is the same and it will cut 16" to 18" wide and up to 4" thick.

Arlin

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - jteneyck - 05-24-2016

About 13".

John

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - greenacres2 - 05-25-2016

Arlin & John are both right. With the standard table configuration, 13", and by moving the fence behind the narrow back table you add the width of the back table (in my case either 2" or 3 1/2" depending on which back table i'm using. I'd max out at about 17" on my GWI. But double that is easy to do as well...with a good stop in place and the saw well set--flip the work piece to finish the cut. I did 24" wide plywood a few weeks ago. No problem at all.

earl

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - Window Guy - 05-25-2016

Those are great saws my Father - in - Law had one and one of my Brother - in - Laws has it now.

Steve

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - Arlin Eastman - 05-25-2016

greenacres2 said:

Arlin & John are both right. With the standard table configuration, 13", and by moving the fence behind the narrow back table you add the width of the back table (in my case either 2" or 3 1/2" depending on which back table i'm using. I'd max out at about 17" on my GWI. But double that is easy to do as well...with a good stop in place and the saw well set--flip the work piece to finish the cut. I did 24" wide plywood a few weeks ago. No problem at all.

earl

Now Earl knows what he is talking about and he sent me a book about the RAS and Mr Sawdust who make it famous.

I do not remember the link to the book but it is well worth it and I am only half way through and it tells everything about it including zeroing it all in to perfection at all points. It also tells about all the different sizes and lengths of the arms that were made for them too.

Arlin

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - Pirate - 06-24-2016

Still for sale.
Also have a 10" Red Star ras for sale for $100 also.
Both great saws

Re: Dewalt MBF Radial Arm Saw $100 - greenacres2 - 06-24-2016

Just had some friends drive up from St. Pete for a wedding 2 weeks ago...if i'd have been thinking, i'd have tried to impose on them for a delivery.

Hope you sell both before the end of the year, as we'll probably come down that way in January again. I'd rather fly, but for the MBF or Red Star, i'd consider driving!!

earl