Woodnet Forums
Interesting Auction in Illinois - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Interesting Auction in Illinois (/showthread.php?tid=7308295)

Interesting Auction in Illinois - Daniel S - 06-27-2016

There is an interesting woodworking auction in Illinois this weekend. I'm unlikely to go, bilit thought others may have some free time.

http://smittysauctions.com/july2salepics.html

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - Pat Zabrocki - 06-27-2016

Now that's breakin' my heart! I'm close but I can't make it.

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - bobburk - 06-27-2016

Boy I'm glad I am far away and can't make it, otherwise both myself and my pocket book would be in deep trouble.

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - Strokes77 - 06-27-2016

I dont see what the big deal is. Looks boring...

**meanwhile i'm googling driving directions from Dallas to Illinois...

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - John Mihich - 06-28-2016

My daughter and SIL are coming home this w/e. They might be upset if I go. There are sure some things there I would like. Oh well.

Strange w/e to hold an auction.

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - Daniel S - 06-28-2016

I'll be visiting with family as well, so I can't go. Hopefully someone from the forum can make it.

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - OldWoodChuck - 06-28-2016

I'm trying to organize a group to go from Carbondale IL. I'm interested in the Powermatic Bandsaw. Its supposed to be a model 141, anybody have comments on that model?

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - fredhargis - 06-28-2016

Oh, wow! Good thing it's too far for me.

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - Shop Dad - 06-29-2016

OldWoodChuck said:

I'm trying to organize a group to go from Carbondale IL. I'm interested in the Powermatic Bandsaw. Its supposed to be a model 141, anybody have comments on that model?

I have a 141 and it's fantastic. Considered by many to be the finest 14" bandsaw ever made. The entire back side of the saw is cast iron and the wheels are held on by an arbor with two bearings per wheel instead of one. Let us know how you do.

Re: Interesting Auction in Illinois - OldWoodChuck - 06-29-2016

OK I'll be looking real close at the model 141 then. We (me and a retired shop teacher) will be leaving at 6:00 AM for the three hour drive. I plan to post a report on Sunday.

Chuck