Woodnet Forums
WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) (/showthread.php?tid=7313664)

WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - Morty847 - 07-06-2016

Need another TS to replace my old DOA saw (thanks to discontinued parts). Looking in the Chicago area. Any ideas?

Re: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - Window Guy - 07-07-2016

Have you checked Craig's list ?

Steve

Re: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - Morty847 - 07-07-2016

Yes. Most are either too small, too old or out of my range ($1,400). Checked flea bay as well.

Re: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - Morty847 - 07-07-2016

Considering a Grizzly (if they're ever in stock) or Laguna Fusion as well.

Re: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - Admiral - 07-07-2016

Morty847 said:

Need another TS to replace my old DOA saw (thanks to discontinued parts). Looking in the Chicago area. Any ideas?

Check with Slav in Chicago, if you're looking for old iron he may have, or know who may have, something available.

Otherwise, check craig's list often, and have lots of patience, something good always shows up, and when it does drop everything and hustle over to the seller as the first money usually gets the deal.

Re: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - Window Guy - 07-08-2016

+1 on what Rich say's, and by the way Slav is a good guy to do business with.

Steve

Re: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - BloomingtonMike - 07-11-2016

Check with member closedforbusiness. He has some steals on some PCS sawstops and would most likely meet you half way.

Re: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - closed for business - 07-11-2016

hey that's me! i could do those things Mike speaks of. i've a contractor SS NIB minus fence and a 1.75SS PCS that is in very good shape (my dumb$(@ scratched the top minorly.. that would be under $1400. i also have a makita contractor that's NIB. there's an old rockwell or dayton cabinet saw hanging out in my polebarn.. or a used 3hp JET cabinet saw that i'd move pretty reasonably.

Re: WTB: Table Saw (Chicago area) - Morty847 - 07-11-2016

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I found a NIB US made Delta table saw that fills the bill and kept some cash in the bank.