Woodnet Forums
Errors - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Forum: Active (https://forums.woodnet.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Software Update Complete (https://forums.woodnet.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Errors (/showthread.php?tid=7320448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Errors - sysadmin - 07-18-2016

There won't be a popup when you get a private message.  What there will be is a yellow bar at the top of your screen, beneath the gray bar with "User CP" on it.  This yellow bar will say "You have X unread private messages.  The most recent is from someone titled something." Try messaging yourself and seeing if you see that. If that is not appearing, let me know. The email might be getting caught by your spam filter. I would check to make sure that it's not in your spam folder.

RE: Errors - Mr_Mike - 07-18-2016

(07-18-2016, 09:51 PM)sysadmin Wrote: There won't be a popup when you get a private message.  What there will be is a yellow bar at the top of your screen, beneath the gray bar with "User CP" on it.  This yellow bar will say "You have X unread private messages.  The most recent is from someone titled something."  Try messaging yourself and seeing if you see that.  If that is not appearing, let me know.  The email might be getting caught by your spam filter.  I would check to make sure that it's not in your spam folder.

It shows.  Different from other software though. Too subtle.  Smile  e-mail notification doesn't work though.  At least, doesn't seem to.  

I'll bet there is a plug-in for pop-ups though.  Smile  Not high on the priority list.

RE: Errors - skizzo - 07-18-2016

Quote:also look at the threads by Skizzo, Restoring an Old Drill Press and Restoring an Old Electrical Motor, they are huge and the system will only display 50 posts

I can see the first 20 posts in those threads because my setting is to display 20 threads per page, but I can't navigate to the second page or beyond.

Quote:Note that images that are not located at https urls will not work.

Once navigation issues are cleared up, it's not really going to matter, though, because the images are not stored/accessed from an HTTPS site. So while I still have the photos archived, the threads are likely not to be able to display them any longer. Sigh.

Bill.

RE: Errors - Anak - 07-18-2016

First, thank you for putting the effort into resolving all these details.  And the fact that so many things work from the get-go says you put in a lot of work upfront too.

The "Forum Jump" does not seem to do what I would expect.  It offers "Private Messages", "User Control Panel", "Who's Online", "Search", "Forum Home" and "Archived".  I would expect to see "Woodworking", "Power Tools", "Hand Tools", "Turning", "Finishing", "Swap & Sell" and "The Basement".  Is this an error, or simply new system=new concept of Forum Jump?

RE: Errors - iclark - 07-19-2016

1) Firefox was very unhappy with the bad certificate security override. This was after the sysadmin post that that issue had been fixed.

2) As others have pointed out, all old PM's are in the InBox and there is no way to tell which were sent and which were received. The data transfer failed to sort to the correct folder.
 - side note: the PM that I sent this evening does show up only in the Sent folder as it should.

3) I am really going  to miss the <sigh> and the <wink-laugh> emoticons, The new crop of emoticons feel obese. Rolleyes Harder to distinguish than the old style.

4) The subtle color difference in the icons showing threads with new content and threads with no new content are way too subtle.

5) When on "User CP" page, it is very difficult to get back to the Main Forum, If there is a link, I cannot find it. Portal did not do it. The only way that I got back was to click on "View New Posts" and then use the hierarchical link to main page from there.

6) So far, on 2 different computers, the display font feels like it has a much lighter stroke weight. That makes the text harder to read. I know that I can do a font override in my browser, but that gets messy. If there is a user option for display font, I have not found it. An example of where this is an issue is "All." On this monitor, it is almost impossible to tell the difference between "All" and "Al".

7) The https-only for pics seems like a nasty way to destroy the content of old threads.

8) Would the new software support threaded reading of PM's?

9) All things considered, things went much better than it could have.

RE: Private Messaging Not Permitted - gregbois - 07-19-2016

Ditto.  Get the error messaging telling me member(s) do not permit Private Messaging.

(07-19-2016, 01:08 AM)gregbois Wrote: Ditto.  Get the error messaging telling me member(s) do not permit Private Messaging.

Threaded mode shows that every reply in the thread is a reply to the OP.

There is no way to tell which article the "Ditto." reply referred to.

(07-19-2016, 01:18 AM)iclark Wrote: Threaded mode shows that every reply in the thread is a reply to the OP.

There is no way to tell which article the "Ditto." reply referred to.

This is a quoted reply to my previous post. Nested quotes seem to be off. I expected the software to quote the article that I told it to quote and not just the newest component in the quoted article.

This is going to get really messy when one tries to do a quoted reply to a multi-quote post.

(07-18-2016, 02:21 PM)sysadmin Wrote: Please post any errors you find with the new forum software here.

Additional example of truncated threads:
Things that I used to think were Luxuries and now are necessities

shows as having 28 posts but the thread in the basement only shows 10.

If I look at the lists of my posts and click on an article on the second or third page of that thread, I am taken to the first article in the thread.

It is not just the basement.

In Woodturning, the "Quick Bowl Question" thread was showing a green arrow, but opening the thread finds only 10 articles and the newest one is a few days old and replies that were there Sunday do not show up now.

I changed the article display from the default 10 to 20 and then went back to Woodturning. That thread now has 12 articles visible when I opened it. Before I opened it, though, the green arrow had gone away even though there were unread articles in the thread..

In Hand Tools, though, the "Dough Bowl" thread has 28 articles, but I can only see the first 10. I have tried setting the number of articles to 20 and to 30. Still only see 10.

RE: Errors - Herb G - 07-19-2016

I can't ignore domed posts anymore.
Also, no one I had on my old ignore list shows up on the new one.
So much for everything remaining intact during the move.
Also, in a thread with more than the maximum number of replies you set in your preferences
the rest of the replies do not show up on a new page like the old forum did.

Someone broke a lamp or two.

RE: Errors - newstart - 07-19-2016

Does not work on iPad