Woodnet Forums
Errors - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Forum: Active (https://forums.woodnet.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Software Update Complete (https://forums.woodnet.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Errors (/showthread.php?tid=7320448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Errors - Wipedout - 07-19-2016

IClark

5) When on "User CP" page, it is very difficult to get back to the Main Forum, If there is a link, I cannot find it. Portal did not do it. The only way that I got back was to click on "View New Posts" and then use the hierarchical link to main page from there.

In the woodnet forum mode - right above the word Menu when in control panel view - you see "woodnet forums" then with a dash and control panel - click on woodnet forum  that takes you back

in the my BBGoMobile mode - on the gray bar near top it says on the left - Woodnet Forums > User Control Panel  click on Woodnet Forums

RE: Errors - MsNomer - 07-19-2016

So that [Go to first unread post] that forces the title to split lines is supposed to be a green dot? I look forward to the fix.

I really like the clean "view new posts" screen.

How does one subscribe/unsubscribe to threads? What if I want to subscribe to all?

RE: Errors - FBranco - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 07:45 AM)newstart Wrote: Does not work on iPad

What's the issue? It worked fine on one but had issues on the second when tried to log in from the bookmark.

Edit---you need to update your bookmark. That's what solved it for my 8.1.3

RE: Errors - bennybmn - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 08:41 AM)MsNomer Wrote: So that [Go to first unread post] that forces the title to split lines is supposed to be a green dot?  I look forward to the fix.

I really like the clean "view new posts" screen.

I was going to ask something about this too.  On a thread I know I saw the first few replies to yesterday, I hit the green arrow, and it just goes to the first post. Is that because they're all "new" now? Or maybe a glitch?

(07-18-2016, 11:20 PM)Anak Wrote: The "Forum Jump" does not seem to do what I would expect.  It offers "Private Messages", "User Control Panel", "Who's Online", "Search", "Forum Home" and "Archived".  I would expect to see "Woodworking", "Power Tools", "Hand Tools", "Turning", "Finishing", "Swap & Sell" and "The Basement".  Is this an error, or simply new system=new concept of Forum Jump?

Having the "jump" button default to simply one level up from where you are was great. Didn't realize how much I missed it until my local Woodworking club adopted a forum software without that feature, and no good "view new posts" feature either. First world problem I know, but scrolling all the way back to the top seems tedious in a pic-heavy thread just to go back to the topic list.

All in all, I have to say I'm super impressed with the methodical way you guys went about this transition, and your openness to suggestions and commentary. Kudos!

RE: Errors - Herb G - 07-19-2016

A back to top arrow or button would be nice too.

RE: Errors - BaileyNo5 - 07-19-2016

The "Contact Us" button does not work.

Also, you guys sent out everyones email address to......everyone.  Please use the BCC feature next time you want to send an email to a group..... :huh:

RE: Errors - Wipedout - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 10:12 AM)BaileyNo5 Wrote: The "Contact Us" button does not work.

Also, you guys sent out everyones email address to......everyone.  Please use the BCC feature next time you want to send an email to a group..... :huh:

Yeah that was bad form  and security - hopefully no one does a reply all or captures the list to use for spamming purposes

RE: Errors - BrentDH - 07-19-2016

I appear to have lost all PMs.  I cannot find any sent nor received PMs in the inbox folder or the sent folder.

Nevermind. They are all there now. Not sure what changed I just waited a while and logged back in.

RE: Errors - Mr_Mike - 07-19-2016

Newstart: Be specific. What does not work? Can you not reach the site? If so, its a DNS update issue with your ISP.

Can you not login? Does it just look wrong?

RE: Private Messages - sysadmin - 07-19-2016

The private message issues (sent mail showing up in inbox, etc.) should be sorted out now. Let me know if anyone still has problems with them.