Woodnet Forums
Wall Finish - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Wall Finish (/showthread.php?tid=7320784)

Wall Finish - Gibbcutter - 07-24-2016

I have always used a flat finish on walls. Are there any advantages to using a matte finish?

RE: Wall Finish - KC - 07-24-2016

I've gone to eggshell, which has just enough sheen to look 'finished' to me without being overly reflective.  Also probably offers a bit more 'scrubalibility' as to cleanup than flat.

RE: Wall Finish - fredhargis - 07-24-2016

It might be slightly easier to clean. Seems to me like the flat stuff doesn't wipe off quite as well. I think it looks a little better, though I think the stuff I've been getting is the "eggshell" as well. Not sure what the difference is, the look pretty close to my eyes.

RE: Wall Finish - oscarMadison - 07-24-2016

i went with a gloss.  Reflects light, easier to clean.

RE: Wall Finish - Tapper - 07-27-2016

Eggshell; the best of all worlds IMHO. Used a lot of it, looks good, easy to roll and touch up, and I like it - YMMV.

Doug

RE: Wall Finish - fishhh4 - 07-27-2016

You can scrub Pratt & Lambert flat . You can not scrub S&W PM 700 . PM 400 is better . PM 200 you can clean , but probably not as well as P&L . You get what you pay for in any paint.
Titanium dioxide. Not clay fillers...
This is what it needs

RE: Wall Finish - Phil Thien - 07-27-2016

(07-24-2016, 05:28 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: I have always used a flat finish on walls. Are there any advantages to using a matte finish?

How does egg shell compare to satin? My paint sources have flat, satin, semi gloss, and gloss.

RE: Wall Finish - joe1086 - 07-28-2016

(07-27-2016, 09:47 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: How does egg shell compare to satin?  My paint sources have flat, satin, semi gloss, and gloss.

From most to least glossy:

High Gloss, Semi-gloss, Satin, Eggshell, Matte, Flat

From the Behr website.