Woodnet Forums
Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts? (/showthread.php?tid=7321905)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts? - nvrkjoyce - 08-21-2016

It is the Laguna 14L, blade length 112", I use the 1" resaw obtained from Laguna.   On the fence?  I made a jig. I have absolutly NO problems with resaw. If I do - it is something I have done wrong.

I trust my square from Bridgecity which I use to check alignments befor I cut some pricy exotics.   I had a problem with the blocks at first, I was sent FedEx a new type, which is present on all now. 

The Delta is back to cutting the curvy stuff. Again, I have no problem, a wise investment on my part. No, I have no connection with Laguna.  Purchased around 2011.  220V, since changed to 110V 

There was a vibration problem at one time, I called Laguna support, told not to tension blade as much, vibration went away. (I had posted a message on this board and all I heard was "your blade is too big"  ""get a Grizzley"  blah,blah, blah.)  Negative. 

I am quite happy with my decision and if you hear any of what I just said, I would ignore it. Choice is yours. The badesaw was a "top choice"  in Fine Woodworking. 

Regards, 

Rick

RE: Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts? - LongLook - 08-21-2016

I bought mine a few months ago and out of the box it worked well. Fit and finish on mine is outstanding and although I have yet to resaw anything over 6", it did well at that. I like the fence although it is something of a compromise but overall I like this saw.

RE: Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts? - nvrkjoyce - 08-21-2016

concur. Once you get it, you will be more than happy.

RE: Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts? - Arlin Eastman - 08-21-2016

I will be buying one that cuts at 14" for $450 and I am wondering if I need to know anything special?

RE: Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts? - Philip1231 - 08-24-2016

Update:  I had a chance to look at some Laguna/Rikon/Powermatic machines today.  I think I've zeroed in on the 
Laguna 14bx, 220 volt.  I will report back when the deed has been done.

RE: Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts? - Mr Eddie - 08-24-2016

2.5 hp - that should be a nice one!  If you're not in a big hurry Laguna has a 10% off sale fairly often.  You can also save some money on lights if you buy the magnetic base ones like AgGEM has on his machine.  I got mine at Peachtree.  They're $20 each as opposed to $100 for the Laguna light.

Lonnie

[Image: 20160128_132335.jpg]