Woodnet Forums
For Sale: Keen Kutter KK7 jointer. $25 plus shipping - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: For Sale: Keen Kutter KK7 jointer. $25 plus shipping (/showthread.php?tid=7322341)

For Sale: Keen Kutter KK7 jointer. $25 plus shipping - Bill_Houghton - 09-01-2016

SOLD AT THE ASKING PRICE OF $25

This Keen Kutter KK7 jointer is NOT a collector's item, as you will see.  I'm offering it for someone who wants a jointer, is a touch short on money, and is willing to put in the time.  I'm asking $25 plus shipping (probably $19 for priority mail, unless you live fairly close). Also open to trades, but only for limited things: I'm particularly looking right now for two Starrett 6" combo square rules (I have the heads).

[Image: Keen%20Kutter%207%20overall_zpso8mmmlpu.jpg]

So here's the virtues, first:

1.  It's the same length and width as a Stanley No. 7 jointer: 22" long, with a 2-3/8" wide iron.
2.  There's a lot of use left in the iron.
3.  The knob and tote are nice looking wood.
4.  There's quite a bit of japanning left.
5.  It's got a corrugated sole.

[Image: Keen%20Kutter%207%20sole_zpsf8lixjzh.jpg]

But...

1.  The top of the tote's broken off (fortunately, the break doesn't extend as far as the hole for the clamping bolt, so it'll be a fairly easy fix).  This is visible in the first photo, and again here:
[Image: Keen%20Kutter%207%20frog%20n%20tote_zpspo4rxqqv.jpg]
2.  The sole is somewhat convex - I can get a 0.005" feeler gauge under a straightedge at the front and back of the sole.
3.  The iron is probably not original; it reads "Victory/Made in U.S.A."  Some online sources indicate that this makes it a Stanley WWII iron, and that the quality is just fine; I have no personal knowledge.
4.  There are a couple of chips from the left sidewalls at front and back corners.
5.  There's a small chip from the center of the leading edge of the lever cap, although it's small enough that it's unlikely to have much effect.
6.  There is, oh no! a hanging hole.  Nicely done, though.

Send me a private message with your ZIP code for a shipping quote.

RE: For Sale: Keen Kutter KK7 jointer. $25 plus shipping - Admiral - 09-02-2016

Great project plane, get ready to lap, but Bill is virtually giving it away.  Lots of potential here.

RE: For Sale: Keen Kutter KK7 jointer. $25 plus shipping - Admiral - 09-02-2016

Bill, go to the "User CP" and enable your PMs, you have to turn them on with the new software!  Someone is likely trying to snag this bargain!

RE: For Sale: Keen Kutter KK7 jointer. $25 plus shipping - Bill_Houghton - 09-02-2016

Thanks!  I hadn't realized settings weren't carried over from the old software.  The private message post office is open and ready for service!

RE: For Sale: Keen Kutter KK7 jointer. $25 plus shipping - Swamp Fox - 09-08-2016

PM sent on the KK7