Woodnet Forums
Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then (/showthread.php?tid=7322593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - fredhargis - 09-09-2016

I'm only a hobbyist. When we moved to this place I gave up my shop and a 32x40 pole barn we had at the last house. The pole barn was really nice since it had a concrete floor. Here, all we have is a 32x50 machine shed (pole barn with a gravel floor) so I had to do something. What I came up with was a 32x50x10 building that will replace both my old shop and part of the pole barn. Right now I'm thinking that 30' of it will be shop, and 20' will be for the pole barn stuff that needs a concrete floor. Anyway, they just got finished with the shell last Tuesday, and here is what I have:

The backside, the storage portion will be on the left:
[Image: doneSsm_zpslpxjsjgq.jpg]

This is the front/side. The small OH door is for access to the shop area (lumber, etc.). I think the color difference is due to the time of day (or I screwed with the white balance).
[Image: doneEsm_zpskkr9w8on.jpg]

Lastly, the inside. I did have it framed with 2x6 lumber to be able to insulate better. the rest of the work is on me, I'll get power (someday) and then finish the inside.
[Image: insidesm_zpsq62yspzi.jpg]

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - paarker - 09-09-2016

I am so jealous! Maybe some day I'll have a space like that I can call home.

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - Herb G - 09-09-2016

If I ever hit the lottery, I'm having a steel building put up for my shop.
You got a nice place there my friend.

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - cputnam - 09-09-2016

Beautiful! I'm jealous

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - Admiral - 09-09-2016

Fred:  Nice.  If I ever move out of NJ after I retire, likely across the river to PA, that's exactly what I would put up, including the 2x6 framing (good thinking).  Are you going to wall off the "storage" part of the building from the shop so you don't have to heat/cool that area?  The only thing I would change to fit my work habits would be to put in a bank of 3 or 4 windows on whatever the sunny side of the building would be so I could locate my bench and my handtool work area; I like natural light.

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - fredhargis - 09-09-2016

The storage part will be walled off, I'll put in a partition and I would like to have a 6' wide doorway between the 2 rooms, maybe a french style patio door (haven't figured that part out yet). No intention of heating the storage part, but I may insulate it (won't really be that expensive) to keep the temps a little more moderate in there. I expect I'll be doing service work on my vehicles and such things on that side, alonfg with the storage of tractor attachments, etc.

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - shoottmx - 09-09-2016

Geez, Congrats Fred, That's gorgeous!

Someday---------

g

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - Steve N - 09-09-2016

Nice Barnage Fred
Yes
Big Grin

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - packerguy® - 09-09-2016

When can I move in? 
Laugh

Super cool. Cant wait for the move in thread. 
Yes

RE: Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then - J-W-P - 09-09-2016

Looks good.
I also have a nice picture of my shop building when it was empty and wide open and the concrete clean and fresh too.
Sure doesn't look like that now.  
Laugh