Woodnet Forums
Where - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Where (/showthread.php?tid=7324058)

Pages: 1 2

Where - blackhat - 10-19-2016

did 12-20 go?  Anyone ever priced custom taps and dies?

RE: Where - RickW - 10-19-2016

Victor Machinery (Link) lists both 12-20 taps and dies for reasonable prices.
Also, a Little Giant type adjustable die can be adjusted down to cut a 12-20 thread.
No need for having them custom made.
Rick W

RE: Where - blackhat - 10-21-2016

Thanks for the link. They also have Acme taps and dies. I think I'll check pricing on their custom taps and dies for some of the obsolete Stanley plane threads and perhaps set up a buy of a half dozen and offer up the extras. I can see them getting a chunk of my wallet.

RE: Where - p_toad - 10-21-2016

I bought some NPS and other non-standard stuff from Victor and had great service...  no problems with anything...

no association - don't work there or own interest in them..blah blah blah

RE: Where - Derek Cohen - 10-21-2016

I absolutely hate threads titled like this one! Next time try "Help wanted with custom taps and dies". Rant over.

Regards from Perth

Derek

RE: Where - blackhat - 10-21-2016

Thank you for your unsolicited and irrelevant opinion.  Be assured it was given the consideration it deserved.

RE: Where - Alan S - 10-22-2016

I will put up with it, but like Derek I consider titles like this to be inconsiderate.  Thought you might like to know.

RE: Where - wrb - 10-22-2016

Agree with Alan.

RE: Where - Derek Cohen - 10-22-2016

Thank you Alan and wrb. It would indeed be considerate for members to post titles that attract those with interests in the topic. Mostly I do not even look when the title fails to be clear. I am sure that there are others who react similarly.

Regards from Perth

Derek

RE: Where - Admiral - 10-22-2016

Ah, I say live and let live.  With apologies to Mrs. Gump, sometimes thread titles are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get...... and that's what makes it interesting.....