Woodnet Forums
Veritas & LN planes on CL Southern MD - not mine - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Veritas & LN planes on CL Southern MD - not mine (/showthread.php?tid=7325053)

Veritas & LN planes on CL Southern MD - not mine - iclark - 11-13-2016

woodworking tools

Quote:2 - veritas bevel up low angle no. 8
- 1 with original bevel angle
- 1 with high angle cut for smoothing.
2 for the price of one or $175 each(originally over $300 each)
1 - veritas no. 4 smoothing plane $100 (originally over $230)
1 - lie Nielson medium shoulder plane $80 (originally $195)
1 - bailey no 5 grooved bottom jack plane $30
1 - lie Nielson 16" rip saw 11 ppi $75 (originally $175) needs sharpening
1 - lie Nielson crosscut 14 ppi $50 because of a little rust along blade width, teeth are clean and the markings on them are magic marker from sharpening - wouldn't take much to clean-up (originally 140)

Reason for selling -
I was a high end and historic restoration carpenter, woodworker/furniture maker for 10 years, until I fell from a roof. I've been out of work for a while. Hoping to sell before a surgery on the 18th.

I have some kiln dried and shop kept materials: walnut, ambrosia maple, African mahogany, a little oak and poplar, and various veneer.
If interested in other shop tools, I have a grizzly lathe and a set of chisels, a Bosch 1/2" - 1/4" shank router with some bits, attachments and even a small table(if needed), and a grizzly 6" x 48" jointer that's up for sale.
I have a small portable 10" dewalt table saw, 10" dewalt sliding chop saw and stand, and just about every tool required to build a house. When I can get around to it, I will be posting them, but thought it would be good to mention here. Bigger items will require some extra scheduling since they're still on my previous employers property. They were kind enough to allow me to keep them there until I'm able to sell them.

RE: Veritas & LN planes on CL Southern MD - not mine - DaveParkis - 11-13-2016

I wish I was 7 or 8 hours closer. Those are some good buys for somebody.

RE: Veritas & LN planes on CL Southern MD - not mine - Herb G - 11-14-2016

That dude is wayyyy down in the sticks. I'd be leery of going that far.
There is literally nothing down there, except meth heads.

RE: Veritas & LN planes on CL Southern MD - not mine - jussi - 11-14-2016

(11-13-2016, 07:06 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: I wish I was 7 or 8 hours closer. Those are some good buys for somebody.

(11-14-2016, 03:29 AM)HerbĀ G Wrote: That dude is wayyyy down in the sticks. I'd be leery of going that far.
There is literally nothing down there, except meth heads.

Meth heads like woodworking too.

RE: Veritas & LN planes on CL Southern MD - not mine - museumguy - 11-14-2016

Apparently all sold, post deleted.