Woodnet Forums
Toilet Fill Problem - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Toilet Fill Problem (/showthread.php?tid=7326503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Toilet Fill Problem - crokett™ - 12-27-2016

This is the fill valve for one of my toilets.  The float adjustment screw is on the top.  The problem is if the float is adjusted low enough so that the it turns the water off, there's not enough water in the tank to do a good job of flushing the toilet.  If I set the float higher, the toilet flushes but the water doesn't turn off all the way.  I've not seen a valve like this before.  Is there some other adjustment or lubrication that can be made, or do I need to replace the valve?  Can  I replace it with a different kind of valve?  Of course this waited until after the builder's warranty on the house expired to stop working.

[attachment=721]

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - Snipe Hunter - 12-27-2016

Is your float waterlogged?

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - Woodjets - 12-27-2016

Replace with one of these(or a variant). Fluid master 400. Runs about $10. About as trouble free a flush valve as there is in this galaxy.
[Image: FLU400C.jpg]

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - DustyDan - 12-27-2016

Mine usually build up minerals in that diaphragm under the screw.   Replace it with a Fluid Master for about $10.00 . The flapper and that pipe can stay where they are.  The Fluid Master will not need the brass bar or the ball !

20 minutes or less and you'll be done for many years.

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - DustyDan - 12-27-2016

Dang, Jets types way faster the me.

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - Stwood_ - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 06:28 PM)Woodjets Wrote: Replace with one of these(or a variant). Fluid master 400. Runs about $10. About as trouble free a flush valve as there is in this galaxy.
[Image: FLU400C.jpg]

+1

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - crokett™ - 12-27-2016

thanks. just ordered the 400A. 8.49 from Amazon prime.

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - MikeBob - 12-27-2016

On the tank mold and can see it in your pic, there is a water level line, that is what to set the fill to.
Agree on the replacement, if a bad flapper valve change that too. Yours looks like one of the adjustable ones, that could be the problem.

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - clockman - 12-27-2016

Those never worked well. I like the Korky.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Korky-QuietFill-Valve-and-Flapper-Kit-818CM/202183802

RE: Toilet Fill Problem - EricU - 12-27-2016

change the flapper valve anyway.  Looks aged