Woodnet Forums
Kitchen cabinet doors - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Kitchen cabinet doors (/showthread.php?tid=7326542)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Robert Adams - 02-25-2017

I built our doors and drawer fronts out of cherry. I bought the bits from infinity to give their bits bits a try. I used their shaker bits and they work pretty well. Remember cherry needs really sharp bits and don't stop feeding as it burns fast. 

For panels I used 1/4" us made cherry ply from plywoodcompany.com which was a perfect fit in the joint. I wanted A1 ply but it isn't stocked and I'd have to buy buy a pallet of it at over $100 a sheet to get it. Not worth it... 

Make your panels nearly snug and use use a little filler to keep it from moving. Window screen spline works well. 

I clear coated mine with automotive Clearcoat which is great for kitchens. Very durable and easy to clean.

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Stwood_ - 03-01-2017

(12-29-2016, 01:38 PM)Aram Wrote:  The cherry ply I have on hand is about 4.9mm. I realize you glue it, so it won't rattle,  but still that's a gap. How to handle?

Thanks again.

Buy cherry veneered mdf in 1/4", good one side. Runs $50.00 a 4x8 sheet normally.  Stays flat, and is 1/4" thick
Winkgrin

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Steve N - 03-02-2017

Just tagging in. I like making doors too, but just in case it seems too much WalzCraft seems to get the most nods in past threads.

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Paladin - 03-04-2017

Maybe, but they will not deal with a DIY homeowner.

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Stwood_ - 03-04-2017

I haven't got a Rockler catalog in a long time, but they used to do doors, which were sky high I thought. Not sure if they did drawers or not. OP you might ck there.

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Steve N - 03-04-2017

They will sell to anyone, but when you contact them, you can't act like you haven't a clue. If you can speak specifically about sizes, door overlays, and mostly what you want as far as style/model you are less than 10 minutes from, finalizing an order. It's not like you need to present a contractors license over the phone, it's the attitude with which you make contact. Knowledge opens doors all over the country when it comes to a wholesalers desk's.

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Aram - 03-05-2017

(03-01-2017, 12:59 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Buy cherry veneered mdf in 1/4", good one side. Runs $50.00 a 4x8 sheet normally.  Stays flat, and is 1/4" thick
Winkgrin

(03-04-2017, 12:06 PM)Steve N Wrote: They will sell to anyone, but when you contact them, you can't act like you haven't a clue. If you can speak specifically about sizes, door overlays, and mostly what you want as far as style/model you are less than 10 minutes from, finalizing an order. It's not like you need to present a contractors license over the phone, it's the attitude with which you make contact. Knowledge opens doors all over the country when it comes to a wholesalers desk's.

Really? That's not what they told me when I called them last month. I got a flat, "No. We only well to contractors."

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Aram - 03-05-2017

By the way, why is this thread still thriving? The OP already gave up on life, saying that he was (cough) "too busy to build them." YahRight. I believe he has already ordered them from an outside vendor. Wuss.

Big Grin

RE: Kitchen cabinet doors - Stwood_ - 03-05-2017

No idea.
Winkgrin
Laugh