Woodnet Forums
Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted (/showthread.php?tid=7327353)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted - hairy - 01-30-2017

I have a Powermatic hanging in my basement shop, and also this one that I built with a furnace blower. It has 2 filters on the intake side. I don't have any data as proof, but I think 1 high and 1 low does a good job.

[Image: IMG_1288_zpstqpfaass.jpg]

RE: Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted - vernonator - 01-30-2017

I have the Grizzly G0572 and it works well (bought NIB off Criags List) I run it continuous when I the shop (20x24) and I get VERY little dust film on anything. I also have a HF unit with a Wynn filter for tool-side collection. Combo works well.

RE: Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted - dg152 - 01-30-2017

Just saw this on the Nashville craigslist which may be of interest to you.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/bfs/5982425717.html

RE: Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted - Chad_Pearson - 01-31-2017

While I have a traditional ceiling mounted air cleaner, I also put together a rack on wheels that holds 4 20" box fans with filters taped to them.  I put it to the side of any particularly dusty activity and it does a great job of getting the dust at the source (along with the traditional point of use dust collection like a vac on the sander or chopsaw).   I hooked the four fans to a single power strip and just use the power strip switch as the on/off.

RE: Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted - Hoosier25 - 01-31-2017

Thanks to all.

It seems that everyone that has an air filter is pretty happy with it, whether purchased or made.

I'm still undecided which way to go.

Roger

RE: Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted - fixtureman - 01-31-2017

I would try the box fan solution first and if your not satisfied move on to a purchased one.  You can always use the fan to move air around in the shop