Woodnet Forums
PALS - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: PALS (/showthread.php?tid=7327806)

Pages: 1 2 3

PALS - Ned Trout - 02-10-2017

I'm debating getting the PALS system to help align my mid-90's Craftsman table saw. Just wondering if anyone has experience using the system and what the pros and cons might be. Thanks. Ned

RE: PALS - Chas617 - 02-10-2017

Ned,

The PALS setup relieves us from the extremely tedious alignment process of "loosen, bump, tighten, then repeat". I put it on my saw after about a month of having it. Works a treat. You can really dial in the blade being parallel to the miter slots.
The only drawback that I have encountered is the studs that you use to replace the trunion bolts are a bit too long and interfere with tilting the blade with the blade guard in place. There's no problem if you don't use the guard or remove it for beveling operations.

RE: PALS - fredhargis - 02-10-2017

I used a set on a Delta contractor saw I had. I had knocked the saw out of alignment and after 2 days of tedious effort still couldn't get things straightened out. I put the PALS on and had it aligned within .003" in a hour or so. I once heard them described as $1.50 for the hardware, and $20 or so for the idea. True, but it's a great idea.

RE: PALS - CARYinWA - 02-10-2017

I put one on a Delta contractor saw I had.  It was the best $20 I spent on that saw.

RE: PALS - Steve N - 02-10-2017

PALS work, and are cheap at twice the price. I'd always suggest yes, unless you know within a year you are swapping saws.

RE: PALS - Ned Trout - 02-10-2017

Thanks for all the quick responses. Going to be ordering the system.

RE: PALS - AHill - 02-10-2017

I had it on my Delta Contractor's Saw.  Works as advertised and worth every penny.

RE: PALS - Ed in NC - 02-11-2017

Had them on a Delta contractor saw and they worked great. Recommended.

RE: PALS - NorthGaMan - 02-11-2017

I have them on my Delta contractor saw that I am now using and they are worth twice what you will pay.

RE: PALS - Herb G - 02-12-2017

OK, I looked them up to see what they were.

Now, can someone explain to me how they work & why I need them?
Keep in mine, I'm a hobby woodworker, not a cabinet maker.