Woodnet Forums
what do you own - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: what do you own (/showthread.php?tid=7327953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: what do you own - JGrout - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 04:39 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: It's just too much fun watching a train wreck.

Dust control, that's the first  logical thing I've read against the SawStop. Everything else has been emotional. I worked in a plant that killed a couple, maimed a few and permanently injured many,  the most dangerous thing we did, I think, was sweep up.

Sadly that is the biggest part of the problem. 

No one wants to admit that using the SS saw without all the safety features in place only makes that saw slightly safer 

It is a fools path and as Steve said it via the manual:  no warranty that the saw will save you from injury  because it does not. It may lessen the injury but I still know that there would be no injury if the blade cover was in place. I know I have experienced it and watched others in a high production shop who got carried away and zoned out or whatever UNTIL their hand/fingers touched the saw guard. It I can assure you it will wake you right up. 

Living on the edge truly is not smart and everyone living without saw guards is living on the edge. As I said before you are making a choice and it is not a good choice  no matter the saw. 

This is all factual, proven and true. I only care that people are safe and removing the blade cover is not safe. Same with the riving knife.  you want more then buy a SS but please I beg you please believe that you still have to have the blade cover in place. 
THOSE ARE the FACTS. 

And the only emotional one is the one  trying to defend a defenseless stance and too stubborn to admit he is WRONG 

Joe

RE: what do you own - Johnbro - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 04:39 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: It's just too much fun watching a train wreck.

Dust control, that's the first  logical thing I've read against the SawStop. Everything else has been emotional. I worked in a plant that killed a couple, maimed a few and permanently injured many,  the most dangerous thing we did, I think, was sweep up.

Something must be wrong with what Arnman saw--I love the degree of dust control on my SS. Check out Half Inch Shy's review--he talks about how he gets a bit better balance between the overhead DC and the below the blade DC. The only time I see dust on the table after a cut (assuming I'm using the guard and not the RK) is when I'm shaving off a hair from a board. That raises the guard off the table and leaves a slot to the left of the blade to eject dust. If I'm ripping anything wider than 1/2 inch or so off a board, or cross-cutting, there's no dust to speak of. My Festool TS55 makes more dust at the end of a cut than the SS does on a rip 6 feet long. I will be happy to make a video to demonstrate if you want.

(02-20-2017, 03:36 PM)Tapper Wrote: Thanks for not answering the question, therefore proving my point - checkmate! 
Yes

Doug

When you posting that pic of your unsafe saw? 

oh and Checkmate my backside. 

you lost on this issue  EVERY time you type 

you are clueless and a fool. congrats 

Reading class 0600 every Monday in the basement 

sure hope you check in 

Weekly

Quote:I know you'll say I made it up read it for yourself. You really should read the book Douggie.

I am convinced even if he could read  that he is incapable of comprehending it. It is not possible 

reading the parts that make his case is what makes his version of the truth is the only way for him to fight 

News flash: it is fake 

I cannot wait for the day he posts all proudly that he tripped the cartridge and it SAVED him 

when he is asked if the blade cover was even in place it will be a train wreck out the gate.

RE: what do you own - Tapper - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 06:39 PM)JGrout Wrote: When you posting that pic of your unsafe saw? 

oh and Checkmate my backside. 

you lost on this issue  EVERY time you type 

you are clueless and a fool. congrats 

Reading class 0600 every Monday in the basement 

sure hope you check in 

Weekly

Standard fare - calling other people names when you can't make your point, just to try to make yourself feel more important. Bravado, the ultimate form of insecurity - congrats!

Doug

P.S. How about the answer to that simple question??? Didn't think so.....

then answer the question!

I know you can tipe you been blathering for a week now about  nothing 

Congrats

RE: what do you own - arnman - 02-20-2017

That is an interesting article. I am sure I saw it because I was subscribing at that time. In any case their claims of 99% don't match what I observed.

I would like to see for myself how effective the dust collection could be with all accessories and guards in place.

If I had to guess I could say I am collecting between 90 and 95 %.

RE: what do you own - arnman - 02-20-2017

I don't want to derail this thread so I will just clarify my dust collection observations and I won't post any more about it.

Quote:
Something must be wrong with what Arnman saw--I love the degree of dust control on my SS. Check out Half Inch Shy's review--he talks about how he gets a bit better balance between the overhead DC and the below the blade DC. The only time I see dust on the table after a cut (assuming I'm using the guard and not the RK) is when I'm shaving off a hair from a board. 

The first observation was in a one-man shop that had a 5 hp Clearvue about 10 feet from the Sawstop, using pvc pipe.  I cannot say for sure if the guard was used here or not, but there was plenty of dust on and around the saw.

The second observation was in a public high school shop, with dust collection piped in.  The guard was in place, as I would expect, but I don't remember if DC was hooked up to it.  But there was dust all around the saw, and a lot of it piled inside.

RE: what do you own - RonHeberle - 02-20-2017

Older Delta.

RE: what do you own - sawdust703 - 02-21-2017

(02-20-2017, 02:05 PM)JGrout Wrote: I kinda feel sorry for you 

you made a bad choice based on a cowboy attitude and it will eventually injure you 

Again, the loser here is those who choose to work without any safety devices installed;  you have freely admitted just that  more than once

Considering Doug is the poster boy for the SS saw that adds one more layer of safety (finger nanny)  to the already existing equipment I think you are having  trouble reading and comprehending truth vs fiction.........IOW  you are agreeing with the one guy who has told me all along I am full of crap because SS is the holy grail of saws. It is not, it is just a saw with one more feature you have publicly stated you don't even need. 

Sigh

Well grout, this ol' cowboy has enough experience not to trust anything mechanical very far, nor do i trust a feller with a big mouth that has lost an argument of his own starting. Much less can't spell. You still haven't convinced me that ss is the answer to table saw safety. Honestly, I could care less. I'm not investing in one, period.

Furthermore, for a grown man to bend low enough to call other men foolish names because we won't jump the fence & see things from your perspective, Mr. Grout, is mighty childish where I come from. Do you pay my health insurance? I don't think so. Do I tell you what needs to go on in your shop safety wise? No Sir, I don't, because it ain't none of my affair. What goes on in mine is none of yours! 

Don't waste your time feelin' sorry for me because I won't jump the fence & see things your way, grout. I spend enough time at my ts, w/out guards, I know how close I can get to the blade. I've done things with my ol' Craftsman that would make guys like you sh** yourself watchin' it, grout. I respect my saw, I know it's limitations, & I'm safe doin' it. 

And you are full of crap!!! Now, I wished you'd shut up about this whole thing, & put it to bed!