Woodnet Forums
My shop with photos - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: My shop with photos (/showthread.php?tid=7329679)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: My shop with photos - brnhornt - 04-24-2017

Looks great!  Thanks for sharing!

RE: My shop with photos - Dave Diaman - 04-24-2017

Tom,
I build 40-50 pieces a year but unfortunately none of them are to keep. I have been chipping away at a kitchen renovation for the last year though and my wife is on me about finishing that. Of course eating has always been more important for some reason ?

RE: My shop with photos - Stwood_ - 04-24-2017

Moving that stuff down a set of stairs is just pure punishment.
Winkgrin

RE: My shop with photos - Dave Diaman - 04-25-2017

It wasn't nearly as bad as you might think. We moved everything into the shop in one afternoon. The hardest part was walking up and down the ramp. I need to put some grip tape on it. I recently moved my 5 hp shaper and 5 hp tablesaw into the shop by myself without any real difficulty. The winch and dolly set up makes getting things in and out a snap. You would be amazed if you had seen some of the pieces of furniture I took up the steps on the dolly by myself.

RE: My shop with photos - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 04-25-2017

Man, now I want to come visit again and see your new shop!

RE: My shop with photos - BloomingtonMike - 04-25-2017

Looks great and really nicely outfitted! Be careful doing all that yourself! That family needs ya healthy. Great looking "helpers"!

Mike,
I'm not to proud to ask for help. If I have anything that requires really heavy lifting I will wait for my apprentice or have a friend come help. In general I can handle most things though. In my former life before kids I was a competitive power lifter and bodybuilder. While I'm not as strong as I once was I am still in pretty good shape. I guess lugging around power tools and lumber helps out

RE: My shop with photos - TomFromStLouis - 04-25-2017

Thanks for sharing that Dave. Busy as you are I know it took some time to put together and we appreciate the tour. It will be extra nice to have all the lumber on site.

The biggest reason I want to get the rest of my wood onsite is so I can get rid of the storage fee. For the most part my storage unit has been air dried and needs to go to the kiln or overflow wood that I bought in bulk. All the wood that I use the most stays in my wood rack at my shop. I always have plenty of tiger maple, curly cherry and poplar in it.

RE: My shop with photos - appletonrc - 04-25-2017

I love the plywood/winch combo on the stairs. I don't know how many times I've dolly'ed something stair by stair where rolling would have been so much easier.