Woodnet Forums
I need some shipping options - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: I need some shipping options (/showthread.php?tid=7329983)

I need some shipping options - Tynyyn - 05-03-2017

The shipping gods are against me obtaining a Foley hand saw sharpening machine.

It is to be shipped from Washington state to northwest Arkansas.  It weighs 98# and has the dimensions of 30"H x 16"W x 16"D.  I've checked into UPS and as told that the shipping fees would be $386.  I might be able to have the machine broken down into three sections which could be placed into 3 USPS flat rate shipping boxes at a cost of $18.85 each.

Are any other shipping options out there which might be able to ship this sharpener for less than $60.

RE: I need some shipping options - enjuneer - 05-03-2017

Fedex Freight is a little less, but is still over $300 when I ran an estimate.

I have not used their service, but have heard good things about Fastenal Third Party Logistics.

RE: I need some shipping options - DaveParkis - 05-03-2017

I'd check on "ruckering", which is basically someone who's going from point A to point B hauling it for you. You could ask here and over at OWWM. I've been lucky and found a couple people that were headed to an area where I needed to send something. Sent an Emmerts patternmaker's vise from Albany, NY to near Virginia Beach for $20 once.

RE: I need some shipping options - Matt Williams - 05-03-2017

If it's close I could pick it up and keep it safe in my shop until you can make it out.  
Smile

RE: I need some shipping options - mad_planter - 05-03-2017

uship?

RE: I need some shipping options - Bill_Houghton - 05-03-2017

See if there's a Fastenal store near the seller and one near you - their rates are pretty decent.  https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-party-logistics-(3pl);jsessionid=CAidXBj0DLCGUYD-aQHOPZrB.38536438-9c19-3947-9017-bf77ad0514fd

RE: I need some shipping options - ez-duzit - 05-04-2017

It needs to be palletized and shipped, freight, for your pickup at the nearest freight depot, not to your home.

Call FreightPros.