Woodnet Forums
Another Table Saw Lawsuit - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Another Table Saw Lawsuit (/showthread.php?tid=7331294)

Another Table Saw Lawsuit - ruffcutt - 06-27-2017

http://toolguyd.com/yet-another-table-saw-safety-lawsuit/

RE: Another Table Saw Lawsuit - Arlin Eastman - 06-27-2017

Another gold digger and since it will be in Chicago I am sure he will not get a biased judge.
Raised

RE: Another Table Saw Lawsuit - daddo - 06-27-2017

I guess he also forgot to read the first 200 pages of the instruction manual explaining the cautions.
If he can read.

RE: Another Table Saw Lawsuit - SteveK - 06-27-2017

Old story? Its dated April 2010.

RE: Another Table Saw Lawsuit - Handplanesandmore - 06-27-2017

Yes, news a bit old...but did it matter if he could read or if he had read the manual? He had a lawyer (who presumably could more than read for him)!
Big Grin

RE: Another Table Saw Lawsuit - Steve N - 06-28-2017

Jury of his peers, so 12 idiots likely. Get 12 people who had a clue, and it would be a short trial, but that isn't where we live anymore, sad....

RE: Another Table Saw Lawsuit - tomsteve - 06-29-2017

(06-27-2017, 06:10 PM)SteveK Wrote: Old story?  Its dated April 2010.

thought id try and dig up the outcome, but cant seem to find anything.

RE: Another Table Saw Lawsuit - LarryK - 07-02-2017

It happened years ago originally to someone operating a makita saw in an unsafe manner. I want s judge to look at one of these guys and say common sense would say keep your hands away from the blade. Also push sticks are easy to make so get out. I also read that festool is buyingbsawstop. So now it's going to be even more expensive to get. There's not a power tool out there that isn't dangerous fear them and respect them.

RE: Another Table Saw Lawsuit - iclark - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 07:45 PM)LarryK Wrote: It happened years ago originally to someone operating a makita saw in an unsafe manner.   I want s judge to look at one of these guys and say common sense would say keep your hands away from the blade.  Also push sticks are easy to make so get out.  I also read that festool is buyingbsawstop.  So now it's going to be even more expensive to get.  There's not a power tool out there that isn't dangerous fear them and respect them.

IIRC, the original lawsuit was financed by the sawstop guy for an injury to an illegal alien who did not speak any English and who was free-hand cutting without rip fence, miter gauge, or guard. The injured worker was "fully trained" by the crew boss who spoke only English.