Woodnet Forums
Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck (/showthread.php?tid=7331387)

Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck - David Stone - 07-01-2017

The chuck on my 12v drill/driver is stuck.  I can force turn it, but the fingers don't move.
Anyone know of a fix?  (I sent an email to Milwaukee, but I was hoping for a quicker answer.)

If necessary, a new chuck from Milwaukee is about $25 (perhaps plus tax & shipping).  Is it worth trying to replace it, or just buy another?

Thanks, and Happy 4th of July.

RE: Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck - Steve N - 07-01-2017

If it's broke you'll likely need to replace it, with that in mind I would go with junk lodged into the jaws, and spray it out with a parts breaker. I really like.

[Image: kano-aerokroil-kroil-penetrating-oil_4499_600.jpg]

RE: Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck - fixtureman - 07-01-2017

Had this happen with another brand.  It was the screw that is in the center of the chuck remember that it is a left thread

RE: Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck - Robert Adams - 07-01-2017

Spray it out with some kind of cleaner. Most likely there is some gunk or a piece of trash in the chuck. If its really bad then if its under 5 years old its under wartanty. You can print a shipping label and they will return it in a week. Way better than the several weeks it takes dw and months it takes ridgid to do repairs.

RE: Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck - Bob10 - 07-01-2017

I don't know what to do to fix it but I doubt that tool is too old so you might want to check on the warranty.  I think it is 5 years

RE: Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck - David Stone - 07-02-2017

Thanks everyone. I'll see what I can do.