Woodnet Forums
New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 (/showthread.php?tid=7331645)

New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - Terry W - 07-12-2017

It looks like Kreg has entered the track saw saw market for less than $80. (You supply the saw)

For that low cash outlay, if it works well and gives a half way clean cut it would be a heck of a bargain.
https://www.infinitytools.com/kreg-accu-cut-circular-saw-guide?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkZfLBRCzARIsAH3wMKovXg6wTQSbJVtWRGGL-Pz96qgs-o06VilXRQk6Z9s0bR0tY41myf4aAlNrEALw_wcB

RE: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - JGrout - 07-12-2017

it also does not defeat the saw guard. 

this is probably a good way for those who would like to make good  cuts on a budget without depending on a shop made sled.

It was inevitably going to happen. 

Joe

RE: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - stav - 07-12-2017

Looks like a good system.  Limited to 48" though according to the video.

RE: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - Phil Thien - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 12:40 PM)stav Wrote: Looks like a good system.  Limited to 48" though according to the video.

Given the way the kid comes with two sections that have to be assembled, I wonder if a user couldn't buy two kids and make-up a 96" long guide.

And if that is possible, I wonder how straight it would be, and whether it would remain stable enough to pick it up from one side (for example).

If you guys want to send me two kids, I'll get you the answers to those questions, and more.

RE: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - splinter7612 - 07-13-2017

(07-12-2017, 01:30 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Given the way the kid comes with two sections that have to be assembled, I wonder if a user couldn't buy two kids and make-up a 96" long guide.

And if that is possible, I wonder how straight it would be, and whether it would remain stable enough to pick it up from one side (for example).

If you guys want to send me two kids, I'll get you the answers to those questions, and more.

Sorry but I love my kids too much to send them to a stranger.

RE: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - stav - 07-13-2017

What if he pays for college?

RE: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - Robert Adams - 07-13-2017

It has one big benefit over actual track saws in that it can be used with left bladed saws. I keep wanting a track saw but a left bladed one would be much more practical for what i would use a track saw for. 

I still kick myself for not buying that scheppach one on woot a couple years ago for $100.

RE: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - bennybmn - 07-13-2017

And they use the same saw I have in the demo! No question it'll work
Smile

RE: New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80 - Steve N - 07-14-2017

(07-12-2017, 11:32 AM)JGrout Wrote: it also does not defeat the saw guard. 

this is probably a good way for those who would like to make good  cuts on a budget without depending on a shop made sled.

It was inevitably going to happen. 

Joe

Yeah and those shop made sleds are so darn hard to make, weeks I tell ya, long hard days of labor, and don't get me started on the cost of brand new materials you have to buy to make one
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

I took a gamble on a DeWally corded when they first came out, I've bought several, and have flipped all but the current one. After several flips I own mine, 1 long, 2 short tracks, 4 of those clamps, which I never use, and it was paid for from the flips. Gotta love those salad days at Amazon. I still have an old shoe I built for my circ saw, and I will tell you either can make the same exact cut, you just need more understanding of plywood with the old shoe. Plus I can line up the DeWally pretty quick
Wink The shoe would likely be like this Kreg deal, a little wiggling at both ends to get it on course. Clamps?? Didn't notice.