Woodnet Forums
Quick fun fall turnings - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Quick fun fall turnings (/showthread.php?tid=7333469)

Pages: 1 2

Quick fun fall turnings - Woodshop - 09-23-2017

Ah fall , The sound of falling acorns as a breeze rustles the leaves inspired me to make some of my favorite quick fun projects.
some times ya just gotta go nuts.  a piece of walnut, a piece of maple and wallah, fall decorations.
top is about 2-3/8" nut about 2"
Don

[attachment=25176]

[attachment=25177]

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - Splinterz25 - 09-23-2017

I like these Don Very clever work, I love this time of the year and these are a great decoration for your home.

Bruce

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - Arlin Eastman - 09-23-2017

I love them Don and will figure out how to make them for the Grandkids to hang on the tree for special presents inside of them.

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - Woodshop - 09-24-2017

(09-23-2017, 11:06 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I love them Don and will figure out how to make them for the Grandkids to hang on the tree for special presents inside of them.

Thanks guys
ya, I made one a few years ago and put a ring in it for my wife. She didn't notice it until the tree came down, That was fun
Laugh

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - Arlin Eastman - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 11:57 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Thanks guys
ya, I made one a few years ago and put a ring in it for my wife. She didn't notice it until the tree came down, That was fun
Laugh

Must not of had enough Gold or Diamonds in it. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - FireWood - 11-08-2017

Those are beautiful Don!

How do you make the little stems?

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - chips ahoy - 11-08-2017

Very well done Don and great idea of putting gifts inside.

Mel

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - Woodshop - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 05:53 PM)FireWood Wrote: Those are beautiful Don!

How do you make the little stems?

Thanks
They are turned . I turn a small dowel on one end to glue in the top and two bumps with one bump longer so I can cut it on a diagonal (like a miter) then flip it around and glue it back together. that gives me the bend. hope that makes sense
Crazy

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - Dusty Workshop - 11-09-2017

Very cool indeed

RE: Quick fun fall turnings - hairy - 11-09-2017

(09-23-2017, 09:30 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Ah fall , The sound of falling acorns as a breeze rustles the leaves inspired me to make some of my favorite quick fun projects.
some times ya just gotta go nuts.  a piece of walnut, a piece of maple and wallah, fall decorations.
top is about 2-3/8" nut about 2"
Don

[Image: acorns1.jpg]
[Image: acorns2.jpg]

Keep up the good work!