Woodnet Forums
Segmented vase -- multiple wedge size per ring - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Segmented vase -- multiple wedge size per ring (/showthread.php?tid=7333921)

Segmented vase -- multiple wedge size per ring - bob-t - 10-12-2017

Here is one of the latest "fiss" wood vases.  I don't sell these, but if someone wants one they make a charity donation.  People seem to like the random patterns in the vase.  This one was just finished and contains about 1110 pieces.  I gave one to a friend who liked the thin rings, to get the height, had to keep adding rings.  The bottom ring has 12 segments and the next ring 13 and so on until the top ring of 45.  About 8" tall and 7 1/2 at widest point.  Comments welcome.
[attachment=4953]

RE: Segmented vase -- multiple wedge size per ring - FrankAtl - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 08:23 AM)bob-t Wrote: Here is one of the latest "fiss" wood vases.  I don't sell these, but if someone wants one they make a charity donation.  People seem to like the random patterns in the vase.  This one was just finished and contains about 1110 pieces.  I gave one to a friend who liked the thin rings, to get the height, had to keep adding rings.  The bottom ring has 12 segments and the next ring 13 and so on until the top ring of 45.  About 8" tall and 7 1/2 at widest point.  Comments welcome.

The randomness is interesting. Nice job!

RE: Segmented vase -- multiple wedge size per ring - Dusty Workshop - 10-12-2017

Very creative

RE: Segmented vase -- multiple wedge size per ring - SteveS - 10-12-2017

As far as the design goes, it is completely unappealing to me.

The good joint work is about the only positive thing I can offer.

RE: Segmented vase -- multiple wedge size per ring - Arlin Eastman - 10-12-2017

That is a great use of lots of scraps for sure.  It also looks like the fit and finish is great also.
Yes