Woodnet Forums
Autumn Equinox - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Autumn Equinox (/showthread.php?tid=7334256)

Pages: 1 2

Autumn Equinox - Splinterz25 - 10-25-2017

Hello once again every one, about a month ago I had turned a platter in Cherry to do some Pyrography on but the fire in the grain of that piece was so nice I couldn't bring my self to burn it. So I turned another piece this time it was a Teak platter just under 16" D and was going to do a Pyro fall pattern on it, but after looking at this piece I thought I would hand carve the Embellishment into the project and also pierce threw leaving a floating rim. All the work is hand done the only power tool used was the lathe. The name comes from when I started to come up with this idea back on September 22nd. I hope you all like it 
C&C Welcome, Teak 16" D Varnish finish

Bruce

RE: Autumn Equinox - Steve K - 10-25-2017

(10-25-2017, 12:31 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Hello once again every one, about a month ago I had turned a platter in Cherry to do some Pyrography on but the fire in the grain of that piece was so nice I couldn't bring my self to burn it. So I turned another piece this time it was a Teak platter just under 16" D and was going to do a Pyro fall pattern on it, but after looking at this piece I thought I would hand carve the Embellishment into the project and also pierce threw leaving a floating rim. All the work is hand done the only power tool used was the lathe. The name comes from when I started to come up with this idea back on September 22nd. I hope you all like it 

Bruce

That's very nice, very.

RE: Autumn Equinox - Arlin Eastman - 10-25-2017

(10-25-2017, 12:31 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Hello once again every one, about a month ago I had turned a platter in Cherry to do some Pyrography on but the fire in the grain of that piece was so nice I couldn't bring my self to burn it. So I turned another piece this time it was a Teak platter just under 16" D and was going to do a Pyro fall pattern on it, but after looking at this piece I thought I would hand carve the Embellishment into the project and also pierce threw leaving a floating rim. All the work is hand done the only power tool used was the lathe. The name comes from when I started to come up with this idea back on September 22nd. I hope you all like it 

Bruce

Bruce

That is a swell job there and I love it. 
Yes

RE: Autumn Equinox - Turner52 - 10-25-2017

Beautiful piece. Any idea as to how many hours you have into that wonderful piece?

RE: Autumn Equinox - Splinterz25 - 10-25-2017

Thank you Steve, Arlin and Turner; I really didn't keep track of hours 2-3 HRS on nights I didn't have to work I started on the 6th Oct. Fin. on the 23rd. I'm guessing 30 -36 HRS total carving time.

Bruce

RE: Autumn Equinox - Woodshop - 10-26-2017

(10-25-2017, 03:17 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you Steve, Arlin and Turner; I really didn't keep track of hours 2-3 HRS on nights I didn't have to work I started on the 6th Oct. Fin. on the 23rd. I'm guessing 30 -36 HRS total carving time.

Bruce

very nice carving there
Cool

RE: Autumn Equinox - Splinterz25 - 10-26-2017

Thanks Woodshop

RE: Autumn Equinox - Gary G™ - 10-27-2017

Stunning.

RE: Autumn Equinox - Dusty Workshop - 10-27-2017

Beautiful piece!.
You must have great patience.

What carving tools did you use?

RE: Autumn Equinox - Splinterz25 - 10-27-2017

Thank you Gary and Dusty; I used these and a set of small files.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ICTSI9K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1