Woodnet Forums
Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! (/showthread.php?tid=7334739)

Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - Wild Turkey - 11-14-2017

Found out that if I applied for house permit at same time as the shop permit we could build the shop first as long as we have the footers for the house started in 180 days. Otherwise I would have to pay a $250 fee and have a "Conditional Use Permit" meeting that would do nothing but cause problems and delay things. Now I can get permits tomorrow and get started!

But that was the plan all along! (Now to get LOML to get the plans out of her head and onto paper. But with potential Daughter-in-Law visiting Thanksgiving she has other things on here mind.

So now, weather permitting, I may be moving dirt Thursday
Big Grin

Gonna call it "The Roost". LOML may refer to it as "Dog House"
Rolleyes

Settled on 32'x48' and dropped the Gambrel roof with storage area -- seems like everything involved with a Gambrel roof (trusses, roofing, flooring, etc) each added $1000 to the bottom line
No

Got estimate down to $32K.  

Yes, pole barn would be cheaper but too many headaches.

I"m ready to start moving dirt!!!
Laugh

RE: Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - Cecil - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 02:44 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Found out that if I applied for house permit at same time as the shop permit we could build the shop first as long as we have the footers for the house started in 180 days.  Otherwise I would have to pay a $250 fee and have a "Conditional Use Permit" meeting that would do nothing but cause problems and delay things.  Now I can get permits tomorrow and get started!

But that was the plan all along!  (Now to get LOML to get the plans out of her head and onto paper.  But with potential Daughter-in-Law visiting Thanksgiving she has other things on here mind.

Big Grin

Gonna call it "The Roost".  LOML may refer to it as "Dog House"
Rolleyes

Settled on 32'x48' and dropped the Gambrel roof with storage area -- seems like everything involved with a Gambrel roof (trusses, roofing, flooring, etc) each added $1000 to the bottom line
No

Laugh

Great to hear.  I agree with the pole barn issue.  Too hard to hide the bodies.

RE: Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - daddo - 11-14-2017

Set these around the perimeter and save yourself a lot of time and money.

Concrete footers;
[Image: 81C5U4VTo%2BL._SX450_.jpg]

RE: Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - chips ahoy - 11-15-2017

Don't forget the mandatory build along pics.

Mel

RE: Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - Guest - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 02:44 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Settled on 32'x48' and dropped the Gambrel roof with storage area -- seems like everything involved with a Gambrel roof (trusses, roofing, flooring, etc) each added $1000 to the bottom line
No

I go out to my 1 year old, completely full, 48 x 40, and look up and wish I had gone for a loft while I was at it.  
Sad

RE: Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - fredhargis - 11-15-2017

Looking forward to the progress, and CONGRATS!

RE: Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - EricU - 11-15-2017

that's good news.  Did the person that told you about having to go to the meeting eventually tell you that you didn't? Or did you find out from someone else?

RE: Got around Bureaucratic monkey wrench! - Bob10 - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 02:44 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Found out that if I applied for house permit at same time as the shop permit we could build the shop first as long as we have the footers for the house started in 180 days.  Otherwise I would have to pay a $250 fee and have a "Conditional Use Permit" meeting that would do nothing but cause problems and delay things.  Now I can get permits tomorrow and get started!

But that was the plan all along!  (Now to get LOML to get the plans out of her head and onto paper.  But with potential Daughter-in-Law visiting Thanksgiving she has other things on here mind.

Big Grin

Gonna call it "The Roost".  LOML may refer to it as "Dog House"
Rolleyes

No

Laugh

Not sure what the $1000 each involved but have to ask what did the added sq footage cost per foot with the gambrel roof and what would it cost to add that sq footage if you needed it later