Woodnet Forums
Even Neanderthals... - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Even Neanderthals... (/showthread.php?tid=7334926)

Pages: 1 2

Even Neanderthals... - Patsfan - 11-21-2017

Stop by the Christmas Forum

Burma Shave

RE: Even Neanderthals... - Bill_Houghton - 11-21-2017

I don't know that it's kosher to use the Burma Shave tag line unless you write the whole poem.  And there needs to be a joke in it somewhere.

But, good recommendation.

RE: Even Neanderthals... - YSU65 - 11-21-2017

Be a noble.

Not a slave.

Caesar uses,

Burma Shave!

RE: Even Neanderthals... - Phil S. - 11-21-2017

It's been a long time since I saw a BurmaShave sign.  Used to be some on the way over the my grand folks place on Highway 55, but that's so many years ago I have no recollection what they said anymore,

RE: Even Neanderthals... - Bill_Houghton - 11-21-2017

You could look it up.  There are multiple sites on the interweb listing some of the classic Burma Shave poems.

While the interstate gets us there (wherever there is) faster, reducing the number of times someone in the back seat asks/whines, "Are we there yet?", the old two-lane highways were sure a lot more interesting.

RE: Even Neanderthals... - bandit571 - 11-21-2017

There was campground in IN,  called Bear Creek.     There used to be a bunch of the Burma Shave signs, both in the Dining Room, and over in the "Village"....

RE: Even Neanderthals... - Timberwolf - 11-26-2017

(11-21-2017, 01:46 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: You could look it up.  There are multiple sites on the interweb listing some of the classic Burma Shave poems.

While the interstate gets us there (wherever there is) faster, reducing the number of times someone in the back seat asks/whines, "Are we there yet?", the old two-lane highways were sure a lot more interesting.
+1....I much prefer "the roads less traveled" and drive them when time permits...I put about a hundred miles on back roads two days ago.....like stepping back in time!!!!!
Cool