Woodnet Forums
Fuel Stabilizer - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Fuel Stabilizer (/showthread.php?tid=7335382)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fuel Stabilizer - DickA - 12-08-2017

What one is best,  in your opinion, for gasoline/ethanol in small engines?

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - TDKPE - 12-08-2017

I use standard Stabil (the red stuff) to pickle the fuel for storage, like for my generator and other seasonal machines. And I only use ethanol-free gasoline, in part because most of my small engines and outboard are old. They run well, and I'd like to keep it that way.

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - tomsteve - 12-08-2017

wish i could help, but i drain all my small engines in the winter and run em dry.

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - Roly - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 09:26 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I use standard Stabil (the red stuff) to pickle the fuel for storage, like for my generator and other seasonal machines.  And I only use ethanol-free gasoline, in part because most of my small engines and outboard are old.  They run well, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I have also used Stabil for years without any issues.  A neighbor who is a small engine mechanic for a larger lawn equipment dealer said Strar-tron is better.     Very hard to get ethanol free gas around here.  The only place was near a race track.    Roly

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - fredhargis - 12-08-2017

I guess I didn't realize there was a competitor to Stabil, the only one I've used. But everything that can be run dry for storage is. I have no certified ethanol-free gas nearby, so it pays to be cautious.

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - Cooler - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 09:37 AM)tomsteve Wrote: wish i could help, but i drain all my small engines in the winter and run em dry.

Me too.  At the end of this winter I will pour the gasoline that remains in the gas can into my car.  I will dump the small amount that remains in the snow blower.  

Come near the end of the snow season I will keep the gas level fairly low in the snow blower.

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - Dusty Workshop - 12-08-2017

I found that the Liberty gas stations here carry ethanol free gas.

Does anyone know other chains that do?

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - TDKPE - 12-08-2017

Fastrac carries ethanol-free here, but from what I could find, they're in NY only.

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - Admiral - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 02:07 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Fastrac carries ethanol-free here, but from what I could find, they're in NY only.

You can often find it at general aviation airports, mostly at 100 octane.

RE: Fuel Stabilizer - Snipe Hunter - 12-09-2017

I use stabil for storage. Not sure what it does for ethanol, if anything.