Woodnet Forums
Wooden moulding planes - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Wooden moulding planes (/showthread.php?tid=7336062)

Wooden moulding planes - cwarner - 01-02-2018

Is there anyone here who buys, refurbishes moulding planes and resells them? Ive got around 30 that have been on a shelf for a few years and I realize that Im probably never going to get around to cleaning these up, nor using them in my normal workflow.  I'd like to get my hands on some solid clean user wood rabbet planes.  Maybe two skew and two straight a narrower one and wider one of each.  Thought maybe someone may be willing to trade my ~30 for those 4  that I'd actually use.

RE: Wooden moulding planes - Rick Barton - 01-02-2018

Um, photos?

RE: Wooden moulding planes - cwarner - 01-03-2018

I can certainly get a few up.  Between work and these temps, haven't been in the shop in about a week.  I'll get some up tomorrow.

RE: Wooden moulding planes - Admiral - 01-04-2018

(01-02-2018, 05:41 PM)cwarner Wrote: Is there anyone here who buys, refurbishes moulding planes and resells them? Ive got around 30 that have been on a shelf for a few years and I realize that Im probably never going to get around to cleaning these up, nor using them in my normal workflow.  I'd like to get my hands on some solid clean user wood rabbet planes.  Maybe two skew and two straight a narrower one and wider one of each.  Thought maybe someone may be willing to trade my ~30 for those 4  that I'd actually use.

JQuacker, a recent member here, selling the rifflers in S&S, does just that sort of thing, restores wooden planes.  shoot him a pm.