Woodnet Forums
Daily Bench Shot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Daily Bench Shot (/showthread.php?tid=7336585)

RE: Daily Bench Shot - EdL - 02-26-2019

Box put together, now to do the countertop.

Ed

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Redman - 02-27-2019

(02-26-2019, 11:13 PM)EdL Wrote: Box put together, now to do the countertop.

Ed

Someday I need to make a box like that.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 02-27-2019

Does this count as a bench shot? I'm turning 25 acrylic pens.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Redman - 02-28-2019

(02-27-2019, 10:25 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Does this count as a bench shot?  I'm turning 25 acrylic pens.

Close enough for me. It first glance I thought you had a mini ice storm there. 
Laugh

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 02-28-2019

(02-28-2019, 06:07 AM)Redman Wrote: Close enough for me. It first glance I thought you had a mini ice storm there. 
Laugh

I think he's stocking up on cobwebs for this years Halloween party.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Peter Tremblay - 02-28-2019

A few hours in the shop tonight shaping the front buns of two of the planes.

[attachment=16966]

Getting the fit perfect was not easy and took a few hours.

[attachment=16967]

[attachment=16968]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Belle City Woodworking - 03-01-2019

Peter, excellent work.  Are you going to be selling those?

My daily bench shot is a relocation of some tools after I got that table out of the shop.  I more centrally located the work triangle to the middle of the shop and I will be working for the next several days to move things around until I gain the maximum floor space that is available with the machinery that I have and I will have to come up with some creative storage solutions for some odds and ends.  I moved the assembly table out of the middle of the shop and moved the table saw to the center of the shop.  I will also be adding some more lighting and I will be repainting the space to brighten it up a bit.

[Image: j2-Dwl0d-ATGa-Nd6bv-zt4w.jpg]

John

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 03-01-2019

(02-28-2019, 06:07 AM)Redman Wrote: Close enough for me. It first glance I thought you had a mini ice storm there. 
Laugh

(02-28-2019, 11:46 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I think he's stocking up on cobwebs for this years Halloween party.

I love turning acrylic because it turns like butter, but man, does it make a mess! And you can't easily use DC with it because it clogs the screen in front of the DC's impeller. After turning a bunch of pens, I'll pick up the big mess by hand and then use my shop vac to clean up the rest.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Gary G™ - 03-01-2019

Fresh out of the shop:
This refinished Anco drafting table is the one I stood next to when I was about 5 or 6 and watched dad as he was designing commercial buildings, schools and the like. Thus, this baby is about 60 years old—don’t know how old it was when dad brought it home.
The top had to be cut down a bit in order to serve its new purpose and the base was cleaned up and painted.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - EdL - 03-01-2019

looks good Gary.

Having that in my house would give me nightmares, spent to many years hunched over one....
Laugh

Ed