Woodnet Forums
Daily Bench Shot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Daily Bench Shot (/showthread.php?tid=7336585)

RE: Daily Bench Shot - justdraftn - 04-01-2019

(04-01-2019, 06:14 AM)Redman Wrote: Nice box. I like what you did with the grain.

Thanks!  Doug fir grain is wild.

Of interest to me....is the east/west drawer divider.
Compliments of my study of Jeff Vollmer's work.
...it's the simple things that add pleasure to our lives.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - EdL - 04-02-2019

Box assembled, start on the face frame now.

Ed

RE: Daily Bench Shot - EdL - 04-03-2019

Face frame done, rails & stiles cut for the door, raised panel in the clamps.

Been a long time since I've done a raised panel door  
Blush  going to be a re-learning experience.

Ed

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 04-04-2019

Cool How wide will your door be Ed.  I usually never went over 20"

RE: Daily Bench Shot - EdL - 04-04-2019

Overall, 15 1/2 wide x 19 tall. Had to make the panel glue-up taller so I can drum sand it.

Don't think I've ever went over 20 either,  I did some 36" tall doors once, made them 2 panel, turned out great.

Ed

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 04-09-2019

My wife asked for an egg display box as a center piece for Easter dinner, since we're hosting the family this year. This is mocked up; I need to drill the holes in the plywood for the eggs to sit in. Then sand and glue up.

I resawed the lumber to get continuous grain around the sides.

I was given a bunch of lumber recently from the stock of a recently deceased woodworker. This is the first piece from that stock. Next will be a box to give back to his son.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 04-09-2019

(04-09-2019, 02:31 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My wife asked for an egg display box as a center piece for Easter dinner, since we're hosting the family this year.   This is mocked up; I need to drill the holes in the plywood for the eggs to sit in.  Then sand and glue up.

I was given a bunch of lumber recently from the stock of a recently deceased woodworker.  This is the first piece from that stock.  Next will be a box to give back to his son.

Cool lookin grain

RE: Daily Bench Shot - kdouglaslee - 04-11-2019

I'm building columns to replace the ones around my porch (thirty columns altogether), this one is about ready to go up.  I'll be glad when this project is over so I can have my workbench back for more important things, like cutting boards!

RE: Daily Bench Shot - kdouglaslee - 04-11-2019

(04-09-2019, 02:31 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My wife asked for an egg display box as a center piece for Easter dinner, since we're hosting the family this year.   This is mocked up; I need to drill the holes in the plywood for the eggs to sit in.  Then sand and glue up.

I was given a bunch of lumber recently from the stock of a recently deceased woodworker.  This is the first piece from that stock.  Next will be a box to give back to his son.

Beautiful wood (and beautiful work), is that tiger maple?

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Bill_de - 04-11-2019

Nice project and beautiful piece of wood. Should help to make it a Happy Easter.

---