Woodnet Forums
Daily Bench Shot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Daily Bench Shot (/showthread.php?tid=7336585)

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 08-05-2022

Bump.....................

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 08-26-2022

Yesterday's work in my shop:

Built a dual-ended router sled for shaping handles on charcuterie boards. 

Applying finish (again) to a walnut table that I scratched while marking the bottom for the base attachment. 

Not shown:  the hours of cleaning and rearranging that's going on to make my shop more efficient and safer.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Ray Newman - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 08:06 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Yesterday's work in my shop:

Built a dual-ended router sled for shaping handles on charcuterie boards. 

Applying finish (again) to a walnut table that I scratched while marking the bottom for the base attachment. 

Not shown:  the hours of cleaning and rearranging that's going on to make my shop more efficient and safer.

Now that's an interesting and useful jig!

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 10:14 AM)Ray Newman Wrote: Now that's an interesting and useful jig!

Oh yeah. Saves *so* much time because I don't have to screw around with taping templates to the stock. I also gives me a very safe and solid entry point for my pattern bit, making it much safer. This jig cuts about 50% off the time required in this stage of production.

Not my idea; I found it on YouTube!

(edit)

Here's the thread where I was trying to figure out a better method: https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7369474

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Bob10 - 08-30-2022

(08-26-2022, 10:30 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Oh yeah.  Saves *so* much time because I don't have to screw around with taping templates to the stock.  I also gives me a very safe and solid entry point for my pattern bit, making it much safer.  This jig cuts about 50% off the time required in this stage of production.

Not my idea; I found it on YouTube!

(edit)

Here's the thread where I was trying to figure out a better method:  https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7369474

Youtube is an amazing wealth of knowledge.  Biggest obstacle is figuring out how to ask what you want to find

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 09-25-2022

I'm building a simple trinket shelf for my youngest daughter's room.  And a bread slicing board for a friend from some *really* aromatic wood.  No clue what it is but makes my shop smell like cinnamon.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 10-01-2022

I'm applying shellac to the cherry trinket shelf I started last week.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 10-10-2022

Lookin good ya'll.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - stav - 10-11-2022

(09-25-2022, 05:12 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I'm building a simple trinket shelf for my youngest daughter's room.  And a bread slicing board for a friend from some *really* aromatic wood.  No clue what it is but makes my shop smell like cinnamon.

I really like the look of that wood in your glue up.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - thewalnutguy - 10-16-2022

Don't know if this really qualifies as a "bench shot". I spent the better part of an afternoon moving an old camel-back drill press I've had for over 30 years ago that recently tried to migrate from low-speed drive to high-speed drive mode as I was using it, resulting in its removing some teeth from two of the gears required for low-speed (50 rpm!) mode. I checked with multiple companies in the metro area that do gear repair or replacement, estimates for repair or making new gears were in the range of about $2,000. I'd tried operating the drill press in high-speed mode, where the damaged gears would not be involved, and even so there was a noticeable "thump thump thump" coming from the drill press running with no load. So yesterday the project was to move it out of the location it's been in since I got it, making room for a newer drill press that unfortunately won't be a full replacement but at least it can use my collection of MT 3 drill bits. Moving the old one probably would have gone faster if I'd had someone to help with the move, the thing is really heavy.