Woodnet Forums
Daily Bench Shot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Daily Bench Shot (/showthread.php?tid=7336585)

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Bob10 - 08-13-2018

(08-12-2018, 11:48 PM)EdL Wrote: Yes

Customer did the cabinet install. I just did the countertops......and installed 50+ covers on every outlet and switchbox in the house during downtime.  
Laugh  I can't sit around when I see things to finish.

Ed

I have to ask did you line up the screws so the all matched?  I had an electrician do that once and since I noticed I asked why.  He said inspectors tend to notice details so when they see the electrician did too inspections went faster and easier

RE: Daily Bench Shot - BobW - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 04:12 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have to ask did you line up the screws so the all matched?  I had an electrician do that once and since I noticed I asked why.  He said inspectors tend to notice details so when they see the electrician did too inspections went faster and easier

LOL...I always do that!  When I was a kid, my favorite uncle told me it was important that the screw slots are aligned in the same direction on wall plates, hardware, etc.  I didn't question his reasoning then, and I do it to this day.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 06:57 PM)BobW Wrote: LOL...I always do that!  When I was a kid, my favorite uncle told me it was important that the screw slots are aligned in the same direction on wall plates, hardware, etc.  I didn't question his reasoning then, and I do it to this day.

I'm guilty of that. I was told it was to keep the Aliens away.
Laugh

RE: Daily Bench Shot - EdL - 08-13-2018

Dang straight all the screws are clocked to 1200....

Yes

Ed

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Gary G™ - 08-13-2018

Doesn’t everyone align all the screw heads?!?

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 09:03 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Doesn’t everyone align all the screw heads?!?

Brad spends his free time *disaligning* the screwheads in the walmart stalls.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 08-14-2018

This was yesterday evening as I measured for the crossmember's length.  It's since been disassembled and all the parts are being buffed with steel wool--finish is blonde shellac.  Delivery is Friday.  No, I'm not cutting it close at all!

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 01:45 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: This was yesterday evening as I measured for the crossmember's length.  It's since been disassembled and all the parts are being buffed with steel wool--finish is blonde shellac.  Delivery is Friday.  No, I'm not cutting it close at all!

Cool

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Barry Johnson - 08-16-2018

Something finished for a change.  More pics in handtools if interested, too lazy to link.

[Image: D16-Glory.Shot.jpg]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 08-16-2018

Cool  New handle? Looks new