Woodnet Forums
Daily Bench Shot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Daily Bench Shot (/showthread.php?tid=7336585)

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 12-08-2018

(12-08-2018, 10:36 AM)Redman Wrote: Just raggin' on ya. Nobody keeps welding rods for home use in a rod box. This isn't the right place to discuss storing welding rods.

Worked with some boys out of KC (Midwest Mechanical?) a few times (boiler work) that carried around a electric heated box for their welding rod. When those guys showed up to replace/weld the boiler tubes, things got expensive.
Laugh

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 12-08-2018

Saw maintenance on one of my saws today. Change out the rim sprocket as when the chain gets a tad loose, the chain will jump off the rim sometimes.
So a teardown was in order, then I found that the package of replacement rims I bought some years ago are to small.
I forgot that I had changed the sprocket assembly over to a Oregon brand.
Rolleyes
Rolleyes

[attachment=14893]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Redman - 12-08-2018

(12-08-2018, 12:55 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Worked with some boys out of KC (Midwest Mechanical?) a few times (boiler work) that carried around a electric heated box for their welding rod. When those guys showed up to replace/weld the boiler tubes, things got expensive.
Laugh

Yup they got to follow the AWS rules and whatever other rules the work requires. Non-dry flux contributes to cracks, bad juju.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Redman - 12-08-2018

(12-08-2018, 12:29 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Was not a certified welder, just a self taught(with some experienced teaching).

I did learn how to stick weld aluminum(with a pipe liner)---hint, it is very fast!

Nor was I. Journeyman machinist, Journeyman inspector. Senior inspector of machining, No. 2 of welding, and assembly inspection, master of none. First thing I learned after finishing machinist apprenticeship is that there are no masters.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 12-10-2018

Alright, I wanna see those dirty, full benches.
Slap
Or the clean ones.
Winkgrin

[attachment=14920]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - EdL - 12-10-2018

Slap  you asked....

So far I haven't found a dang thing to assemble it with......this is going to take a lot of beer.

Ed

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 12-11-2018

Wut?? Hey what's all the pink things?? Pink???
Raised  
Slap

I'm not even attempting to guess what's laying there. Nope......no.......not........
No 

Winkgrin
Winkgrin

RE: Daily Bench Shot - RonB1957 - 12-11-2018

Almost finished a new little friend to help me in the shop today. I've been wanting to make one for a while, so I drug out some thick white oak I had extra in the wood rack. 21" between screws. Still waiting on the leather. 
[Image: 46269185811_f8c74f670c_z.jpg]" />[Image: 45356655355_4ce428ed13_z.jpg]" />

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 12-11-2018

Made for holding a saw?

RE: Daily Bench Shot - RonB1957 - 12-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 01:26 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Made for holding a saw?

Nah. My ACME does that. This is just for holding medium to wide and longer boards for dovetailing etc.. Although, I did think about that.
Winkgrin