Woodnet Forums
The Fitz - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The Fitz (/showthread.php?tid=7337364)

Pages: 1 2

The Fitz - Skip J. - 02-13-2018

Surprise, Surprise!  Looks like Megan is back at work....

Megan's back!

Good to see you writing again Megan, keep up the good work!

RE: The Fitz - Phil S. - 02-13-2018

Good for Megan!  Good for LAP!!  Good for us!!!
Yes

RE: The Fitz - Rick Barton - 02-13-2018

Uh, I don't think she ever left????

This drama concerning LAP/PWW people simply doesn't interest me. Its dumb.

Good grief.
Rolleyes

RE: The Fitz - hbmcc - 02-14-2018

(02-13-2018, 06:14 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Uh, I don't think she ever left????

This drama concerning LAP/PWW people simply doesn't interest me. Its dumb.

Good grief.
Rolleyes

Grumpy.... 

But, yes, one could look at this your way. PWW burns through a lot of people.

RE: The Fitz - Tony Z - 02-14-2018

Meh....PWW is a shadow of what it once was. LAP has reprinted some excellent booke, albeit at a stiff price, but Megan's politics on some social sites will prevent me from purchasing any further from LAP.

RE: The Fitz - AHill - 02-14-2018

Well, congrats to both Megan and to Chris.  They work well together.  Here's a link to Megan's blog where she describes her hiring by LAP:

https://rudemechanicalspress.wordpress.com/

As far as her politics goes, I was not aware of any of her political leanings, and prefer to keep it that way.  She has managed to keep them separate from her day job, and I think that's where they belong.  I suspect if I knew the political leanings of many folks, I'd have a lot fewer friends.  Let's keep politics out of this thread, please.

RE: The Fitz - Tony Z - 02-14-2018

(02-14-2018, 08:27 AM)AHill Wrote: Well, congrats to both Megan and to Chris.  They work well together.  Here's a link to Megan's blog where she describes her hiring by LAP:

https://rudemechanicalspress.wordpress.com/

As far as her politics goes, I was not aware of any of her political leanings, and prefer to keep it that way.  She has managed to keep them separate from her day job, and I think that's where they belong.  I suspect if I knew the political leanings of many folks, I'd have a lot fewer friends.  Let's keep politics out of this thread, please.

YABBUT: when posts on social media are made, linked to an employer's name or site, said posts should remain neutral. If I want to hear political views, for example, on Woodnet, I will go to the "Basement" and not in the "Handtool" section.

RE: The Fitz - elinourrumming - 02-14-2018

An apolitical thank you to Skip et al.

RE: The Fitz - Admiral - 02-14-2018

(02-14-2018, 05:27 PM)elinourrumming Wrote: An apolitical thank you to Skip et al.

Glad to hear your news, best wishes for the future and keep up the good work.

RE: The Fitz - Skip J. - 02-15-2018

(02-14-2018, 05:27 PM)elinourrumming Wrote: An apolitical thank you to Skip et al.

You are very welcome Megan!

Until Chris published the 1st Woodworking magazine oh so long ago, I was a power tool guy just doing the chores around the house needing done.  No actual woodworking for fun at all.  I was fortunate enough to buy that magazine and then subscribe to it and have never looked back.  One of the first things I got out of it was a reference by Chris to this forum, which has also changed me in many ways......

Now we all are coming full circle..... along a path that has always been apolitical...  Being a bit older... I don't do any social media at all.... absolutely none...... so those posts of one sort or another are not in my world... this is my thread after all....