Woodnet Forums
For Your Weekend Viewing - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: For Your Weekend Viewing (/showthread.php?tid=7338030)

For Your Weekend Viewing - handi - 03-09-2018

Episode 6 of Woodcademy is now streaming free on Amazon!
We finish building the dining chairs and I show how to upholster the seats.
[Image: dxW9oL.jpg]
This table is not the one I will be building to go with the chairs, it just worked with them for the photo. 
Watch the show.

RE: For Your Weekend Viewing - Arlin Eastman - 03-10-2018

Thanks Ralph I will get to watch it in a week when my allowance is back up.

RE: For Your Weekend Viewing - R Clark - 03-11-2018

Ralph,

I watched your show for the first time yesterday; I liked it very much!  Started with episode 1 and will continue through the rest of the projects.

I particularly like how you share thought process on some of the planning aspects of a project; that's the tedium that I sometimes tend to skip, thus leading to waste or time inefficiency.

RE: For Your Weekend Viewing - handi - 03-12-2018

(03-11-2018, 07:57 AM)WxMan Wrote: Ralph,

I watched your show for the first time yesterday; I liked it very much!  Started with episode 1 and will continue through the rest of the projects.

I particularly like how you share thought process on some of the planning aspects of a project; that's the tedium that I sometimes tend to skip, thus leading to waste or time inefficiency.
Thank you! I do not want to skip over the errors I make either! In Episode 4, I tried an assembly technique different than in the prototype. I show you how it did not work, how I fixed it, and suggested a better way.

Please feel free to leave a review on Amazon, it is a big help in getting more attention to the show.

RE: For Your Weekend Viewing - R Clark - 03-13-2018

Good to know how those reviews are used and can help.

I started the book stand shows today at lunch.  I am particularly interested in learning how to cut thin strips better/safer.  I have made a maloof style rocker which required many thin strips, and have decided I need a better way rather than ripping strips at .090 inches wide using the rip fence.  I started playing with the same principle you used in the book stand show.  My down/dirty way of making that stop for the left side miter slot was a piece of scrap affixed to a mitre slot strip, with a screw in the end of the scrap block.  I adjust the screw in/out to adjust thickness.

Anyway...like the show.  Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Edit to ask: How do I leave a review for a show on Amazon Prime? I see the buttons for reviews when I buy a product. But, for some reason, I can't find a review button for videos.

Second edit...never mind. Didn't scroll far enough to get past "suggestions" to find the review button.

RE: For Your Weekend Viewing - handi - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 07:39 PM)WxMan Wrote: Good to know how those reviews are used and can help.

I started the book stand shows today at lunch.  I am particularly interested in learning how to cut thin strips better/safer.  I have made a maloof style rocker which required many thin strips, and have decided I need a better way rather than ripping strips at .090 inches wide using the rip fence.  I started playing with the same principle you used in the book stand show.  My down/dirty way of making that stop for the left side miter slot was a piece of scrap affixed to a mitre slot strip, with a screw in the end of the scrap block.  I adjust the screw in/out to adjust thickness.

Anyway...like the show.  Thanks for taking the time to do it.
Thanks! That means a lot.