Woodnet Forums
Massive Clearout - Updated New Items - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Massive Clearout - Updated New Items (/showthread.php?tid=7338066)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Massive Clearout - Updated New Items - MrWhite - 03-11-2018

Ok, lets get this started properly.  

“Hello, my name is Jonathan and I’m an addict.”  There, I said it.  

Now the part where the group helps.  Help me to divest of some of these holdings. 

I’ve been collecting and restoring old tools for several years now.  I have just about everything I could need and then some.  I’ve got to have a clear out.  I keep finding things in my shop that I don’t really remember acquiring.  I have a bunch of tools that I haven’t restored and frankly don’t need.  It would take me forever to get around to restoring all of them, and I’d rather spend some time doing actual woodworking. 

My shop should be a place where I find peace.  Instead, its stressing me out how cluttered it is.  So, I’m going to list a bunch of stuff here for you other hoarders to collect. 
Smile 
Smile 

I’ll be the first to admit that I am guessing on pricing here.  Mostly looking and completed recent eBay sales.  If you feel my prices are off, offer me what you think it’s worth.  I won’t be offended.  I want the space back more than I want to make a killing.  A little money in the woodworking fund would be bad though. 

Want to buy a bunch of stuff?  Lets make a deal.  Want to buy it all?  You’re my new best friend. 

I just looked on the USPS website and the current rate for a small flat rate box is $7.20 and the medium flat rate box is $13.65.  I think most of the things I’m listing here will fit in the medium box.  If you want multiple things to save on shipping, I’ll work with you.  

Payment via PayPal Friends and Family.

I found that I have 6 braces…  and 6 saw sets for that matter…. Six!  What the hell is wrong with me?  I’m keeping my two Yankee North Bros braces and selling the rest.  

[Image: ZUzVEsM.jpg]

First up.  A Fulton 10.  Disassembled, cleaned and oiled.  (It’s the left one below) $20

[Image: hbUMb7L.jpg]

[Image: E3eIQhD.jpg]

Next a Pexto 8012C Samson Brace.  Disassembled, cleaned and oiled.  (Its the right one on the photo above)  $20 - SOLD

[Image: fd5OK4M.jpg]

[Image: uQSM4D3.jpg]

[Image: pU2cE9p.jpg]

H.S.B. & Co.  No. 1010 Brace.  Disassembled, cleaned and oiled. (It’s the left one below) $20

[Image: m44TQf4.jpg]

[Image: VZc8dWK.jpg]

[Image: KRwTN67.jpg]

Millers Falls No. 772  Lion Brace.  Disassembled, cleaned and oiled. (Its the one on the right in the pair photo above).  $20 - SOLD

[Image: 5pD0Cje.jpg]

[Image: cQB2brD.jpg]

[Image: 2SOkEKk.jpg]

RE: Massive Clearout - MrWhite - 03-11-2018

Yankee North Brothers No. 555 Breast Drill.  This thing is big and heavy.  I might have to take it apart to get it to fit in a medium box.  Chip missing from corner of breast pad.  I have completely disassembled, cleaned, and oiled this drill.   $50

[Image: amU303s.jpg]

[Image: EDS6vJJ.jpg]

[Image: 3tDb2RT.jpg]

[Image: 01fLQvS.jpg]

Millers Falls No 2 Hand drill.  In as found condition.  Needs a good clean or full restoration.  Good bones.  Missing wooden handle cap. $10 - SOLD

[Image: mcqH4WP.jpg]

[Image: 95inryW.jpg]

[Image: vDwLOZU.jpg]

Random Small Hand Drill.  Unknown make. (A fellow woodneter just informed me that this is a craftsman model maker.) $5 - SOLD

[Image: OZEM0jg.jpg]

[Image: ZO7eZZv.jpg]

Stanley No. 4.  I think is is approximately a Type 10 (1907-1909) although it has a sweetheart logo iron.  In uncleaned as found condition.   I think this one has the bones to be a good user once cleaned up.  None of my restored planes are this old, but I don’t need a 4th No 4.  $30 - SOLD

[Image: IgzzeNj.jpg]

[Image: 0EZyrNw.jpg]

[Image: yOhkDwO.jpg]

[Image: uHy6VAM.jpg]

[Image: ztXQeJh.jpg]

No. 10 ½ rabbeting jack plane.  Unknown make, could be Stanley, I just don’t know.  It doesn’t say Bailey anywhere like the usual Stanley planes.  Missing iron, cap iron, and depth wheel.  Interesting Lever cap.  Looks to me like someone has sandblasted it and spray painted it.  Could be a project plane or parts.  $10 - SOLD

[Image: V0gBGpK.jpg]

[Image: t4sOsgv.jpg]

[Image: vJ79SQI.jpg]

Stanley No. 45 Combination Plane for parts or project.  Definitely incomplete.  I don’t know much about these.  My initial research leads me to believe it is 1909-1920.  Looks like it has been sandblasted in places.   Assorted set of cutters.  I’d have to disassemble it to get it in a medium box.  $30 Plane and cutters.   - SOLD

[Image: PbQwwyi.jpg]

[Image: QCaXEvw.jpg]

[Image: ICcekPd.jpg]

[Image: 3h6TMnI.jpg]

Stanley No. 42 Saw Set.  No paint.  Cleaned and oiled.  $25 - SOLD

[Image: Lb3OfCH.jpg]

[Image: pD7drPy.jpg]

Now this is cool.  Chas. Morrill Apex Special Saw Set.  Though not as popular, this is way nicer than the Stanley.  This thing is substantial.  Very solidly made.  I would keep it, but I have a 42X and two eclipses and just don’t need any more.  Disassembled, cleaned, and oiled.  $20 - SOLD

[Image: drUuCnK.jpg]

[Image: Nid9nFv.jpg]

[Image: ZAXmIGK.jpg]

[Image: zyPhJIX.jpg]

[Image: eNrU0zL.jpg]

[Image: SUUXiqA.jpg]

Stanley No. 12 8” Square.  Has chip from casting.  $3 - SOLD

[Image: Ywwco2d.jpg]

[Image: 97cfeF3.jpg]

[Image: KRgMaYL.jpg]

Random dividers.  The Starrett inside calipers have a broken tip, but could be reground.  The Japanese one takes a pencil lead.  The wing dividers are unmarked.   $5 for all. - SOLD

[Image: tsPvYVo.jpg]

Miss matched collection of irons and lever caps.  Iron/ Cap Iron combinations are a Fulton, a Mohawk, and an unknown “Made in USA .  One lever cap is a Stanley Handy-Man and the other I have no idea what it goes to.   $20 for all of it.  

[Image: zGsChUJ.jpg]

Suehiro Japanese Water Stone. 1200 grit.  It’s seen very little use and is nearly new.  $20 - SOLD

[Image: BwWk4N4.jpg]

Suehiro Japanese Water Stone. 800 grit.  It’s seen very little use and is nearly new.  $15 - SOLD

[Image: 0J12xFO.jpg]

Craftsman Adjustable Mouth Block Plane.  Good working condition. $15 - SOLD

[Image: kZ40oUx.jpg]

[Image: XX7I8TK.jpg]

Craftsman 12” Combo Square.  $5 - SOLD

[Image: t58AIFB.jpg]

A pair of McMaster Carr Gas Lifts/ Struts.  20lb strength. I ordered these, but ended up needing the 30lb version. These are brand new and I'm not likely to ever need them.

From McMaster.com Item 4138T54 - Gas Spring, 12.2" Extended Length / Extension Force, 20 lbs. They are $17.51 each on McMaster.com.

Both for $15 - SOLD

[Image: RzQ6lu2.jpg]

[Image: rvbkg3C.jpg]

RE: Massive Clearout - Bob10 - 03-11-2018

You Sir are weak as water.  That is not the sign of addiction, honestly not a sign of even a bad habit.  If you want to claim addiction you need to increase those numbers almost tenfold.  In any case I hope you sell out.  That No 4 has me tempted
Laugh

RE: Massive Clearout - AUswimKC - 03-11-2018

I will take the MF2 and Rabbet plane

Millers Falls No. 2 and the 10 ½ are sold pending payment.

(03-11-2018, 02:37 PM)Bob10 Wrote: You Sir are weak as water.  That is not the sign of addiction, honestly not a sign of even a bad habit.  If you want to claim addiction you need to increase those numbers almost tenfold.  In any case I hope you sell out.  That No 4 has me tempted
Laugh

Haha,  even hoarders have to clean out eventually.  
Smile

RE: Massive Clearout - alanealane - 03-11-2018

Apex saw set please. Pm sent